Nikon SC-29

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got an SB-800 for the D50 and was thinking about getting the SC-29 as well so that I could hold the flash off camera or stick it on a tripod. Anyone have any experience or opinions on this? I've read up a little and people say it's VERY similar to the SC-17 except for the pricetag.

I think the SC-29 is the only one you can use on digital so check up on that before you make a purchase. I have the appropriate one SC-29??? for my D70 and it works just fine for my uses when I do use it. I use it to put my flash on a bracket.

I think the SC-29 is the only one you can use on digital so check up on that before you make a purchase. I have the appropriate one SC-29??? for my D70 and it works just fine for my uses when I do use it. I use it to put my flash on a bracket.

No, actually the 17, 28 and 29 will all work with the SB800 and digital SLRs. The SC 28 and 29 provide all of the different "modes," whatever that means. The 20 has the little red preflash doohicky. I have both the SC17 and 29 and they both make the same flash images for me. I don't have the 28 but it is the one I would have bought if I had it to do over again.

Huh I have the 28 and was told by a Nikon rep for Ritz that it was the only one to use for digital and it does not have a "red pre-flash doohickey" or an AF assist light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back