Nikon School

Patrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just returned home from Nikon school that was held in Cincinnati, OH this weekend. I would highly suggest if anyone gets the chance to attend one of these, do it. Well worth the money IMHO.

Still shooting film I would be interested in it's usefullness to someone like me. I do have a scanner and digitize some of my work but mostly I shoot film. I've been intriqued by them but they seem to focus on digital (which is understandable today...) and not film at all.

It was the "Streamlined Workflow Techniques" course.

The main points it were,
  • A live shooting demo that shows how to use more than one flash to create more exciting photos
  • Downloading, organizing and editing of digital images including RAW format files
  • How to set up a computer system to work most efficiently with your digital images
  • Advanced terminology of digital imaging including such topics as the value of 16-bit files
  • Workflow management and automation
  • Applying photo-enhancement techniques and how to to properly size and sharpen based on output
  • Understanding and using color management, from download through printing
  • Walk through key steps in printer dialogs to ensure you get the print you want
  • File formats, Nikon Capture(TM) software, and processes for image transfer, output, and archive management
  • And more!
I also learned that there is a BUNCH more software I need to buy...LOL.

Nikon and Epson reps were present to answer questions.

I didn't know what to expect, but was surprised.

There are a few here in the Cincinnati area and wondered if anyone else attended.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back