Nikon vs Canon

ketan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
Just curiosity!
Despite all threads of Nikon vs Canon justifying their choice, whenever we see some press photographers at some political event or a sports event etc or in some news they always have Nikon.
Is Nikon a status!
Ketan

More major press organizations use Nikon than Canon. But there are plenty of Canons out there.

Hi,
Just curiosity!
Despite all threads of Nikon vs Canon justifying their choice, whenever we see some press photographers at some political event or a sports event etc or in some news they always have Nikon.
Is Nikon a status!
Ketan

Actually I seem to see a lot more Canon with the press. At least in Europe.

BTW, this tells more about fashion in certain circles, and maybe how a company serves a certain segment of the market. And the latter does not only refer to technical quality, but also to real service.

It is probably very regional. If most pros in your surrounding use Nikon, then the chance you will go Nikon yourself is pretty high, and the other way round.

Up here in the New Jersey area, it seems most consumers gravitate towards Nikon. In other areas including Texas, I've noticed more with Canon.

The wedding photographers that I've met in the New Jersey area seem to all gravitate towards Canon.

I've seen a lot of press use Nikon but in sports I've seen mostly Canon.

The very few professional photographers (other than wedding) I've met use Canon. A couple of those use exclusively Sigma for lenses.... but I think it has more to do with sponsorship than personal choice.

i believe canon is the most popular considering their lenses are the best. go to any sporting event or any other major event and just see what they are using

Canon is widely used in Sports because of their lenses. Canon is also widely used in wedding photography, although I'm not really sure why. Nikon is used quite a bit for photojournalism. These are the trends I've seen.

ummm just to let you guys know right now that there have been hundreds of Nikon v Canon threads in the past and they usually end up locked. Im tempted just to lock this one now im affraid... but i will give it some time before i do.

By all means discuss observations but if anyone starts trying to explain why one is better then the other its a done thread.

ummm just to let you guys know right now that there have been hundreds of Nikon v Canon threads in the past and they usually end up locked. Im tempted just to lock this one now im affraid... but i will give it some time before i do.

By all means discuss observations but if anyone starts trying to explain why one is better then the other its a done thread.

If you compare to other forums, the numbers of such threads on this one are extremely low though ;) Also here there is much less fighting about brands than elsewhere.

If you compare to other forums, the numbers of such threads on this one are extremely low though ;) Also here there is much less fighting about brands than elsewhere.

I dunno, we have had plenty of debates pop up in the past, even hidden within other threads... but your right for the main part alex of course we are more relaxed about brands here... im openly Nikon and im not affraid to come out and say it. :lol:

i believe canon is the most popular considering their lenses are the best. go to any sporting event or any other major event and just see what they are using

You mean Nikon makes the best Lenses.... see what i mean alex?... and the thing is, im right. :greenpbl:

Canon's AF speed and tracking was superior to Nikon's in the 90's when AF caught on, which is why the vast majority of sports shooters for the past nearly 20 years have been Canon. That one little tid-bit does not as a whole make Canon lenses superior, though.

I'm a Nikon shooter myself, but have plenty of respect for Canon and think there's a lot to appreciate in both systems. They both have their advantages and disadvantages which might be important depending on your style and what and how you shoot. I've considered switching to Canon twice, but ultimately decided to stick with the Nikon system. Since there are advantages and disadvantages to both systems, my view is that anyone who tries to declare one of them to be superior to the other does not know fully what they're talking about, is only considering their own personal photography needs, or is just repeating nonsense that they heard elsewhere. I think Nikon has a clear lead in some areas, and that Canon has a clear lead elsewhere. Canon makes some truly outstanding glass that Nikon just has no equivalent of, and vice versa. Canon does this better. But Nikon does that better, and on and on and on. :)

You mean Nikon makes the best Lenses.... see what i mean alex?... and the thing is, im right. :greenpbl:

Actually, you are both wrong. The best lenses were and are always produced by German companies as every serious photographer knows. :lmao:

*thread locked*

IATL (in after the lock) :mrgreen:

this is not fair, i failed again to lock a thread ...

Most reactions

Back