Nikon wireless remote

Ted Evans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have experience with the Nikon Wireless Remote Controller WR-R10/WR-T10 setup and if so, would you share your thoughts about it? I want to use it on a D7100 and/or D200. Thanks.

Does anyone have experience with the Nikon Wireless Remote Controller WR-R10/WR-T10 setup and if so, would you share your thoughts about it? I want to use it on a D7100 and/or D200. Thanks.

I am surprised that no one has any comments on this item. Mine should be here tomorrow and I will offer some comments after some use.

If it's what I think it is, it sure seemed to be a (typically) over-priced Nikon accessory.

If it's what I think it is, it sure seemed to be a (typically) over-priced Nikon accessory.

Does Nikon make anything that is not over-priced? I looked at some third party remotes but they seemed to be hit and miss and their longevity is suspect, according to some.

I don't use the nkon version myself, I have an aftermarket that I use occasionally that works great with my D7100. Think I paid 10 bucks for it.

Thanks to all for the comments. My thoughts on the Nikon WR-R10/WR-T10 remote. It works great and is well made and would be a good buy at $50 rather than $179. The ML-L3 works well except, every time the camera is turned off, the menu has to be accessed to turn it back on and that drove me nuts, which is not an issue with the WR system. Would I buy the Nikon again....perhaps but I think I would be tempted to try one of the other options at a little over half the price. Some seem to have good luck with them and some not so good.

Given that my <$20 no-name eBay, free-international-shipping-from-China has worked well for several years, I don't see the need for something like this. I'm sure it's well made and functions perfectly, but like most Nikon accessories, the price point is verging on the ridiculous.

I bought a 10-pack of ML-L3 knock-offs from ebay for like $12 shipped. At that price, they're literally disposable.

On a D7000 the remote is not activated in the menu but on the Release Mode dial, where you select single, continuous, timer, etc. Sucks that you have to dive into the menus with the newer camera.....
And that cheapie ML-L3 has done everything I needed it to do.

I don't think the D200 has the eye to see the ML-L3. Not sure about that, though.

Wow, $180 for a simple trigger? No long exposure or multiple exposure ability?

Wow... Return it. That's a huge waste of money.

I used to have a Chinese "Nikon" remote that cost me about $5 and it worked exactly like the original one.

Most reactions

Back