NikonD3000 and this lense?

It will auto focus just not on your camera. You would need the one in your second link (It needs to say AF-S)

The first one works on more expensive bodies that have the autofocus motor on the body, whereas yours needs the autofocus motor to be in the lens.

I have the 35mm and it's a great lens.

The D3000 and D5000 cameras can only auto focus with lenses that have the focus motor built into the lens. Current Nikon lenses with built-in motors are labeled as "AF-S". A handful of older ones were labeled "AF-I". Tamron lenses with built in focus motors are labeled "BIM", while Sigma labels theirs "HSM".

If you want to auto-focus with the "AF" lenses that have a screw drive, you need a D90 or better Nikon camera with the focus motor and drive in the camera body.

2137 Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Standard Auto Focus Nikkor Lens - Gray Market

From my understanding, this lense is NOT autofocus, but then why does it say it is?

someone else recomended
Nikon - AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 Lens for Nikon F-Mount Digital SLR Cameras - 2183

Which is the better buy?

It is hard to say which is better. It depends on what you are going after. If you compare a lens based on AF, yes the AF-S 35mm lens is better since the lens can AF with your camera. However, since the focal length of these 2 lenses are different, therefore comparing them become meaningless.

For example, a manual transmission full size truck is better or a small 4 doors Prius with automatic transmission is better?

If you find that you need to use a 50mm f/1.8 lens, you will then need to get the 50mm lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back