jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My step-mom gave me a couple of boxes of my dad's stuff, and this little gem was in it. I'm pretty sure we rode on this line. I loved riding on the bus as a child, and my mom would always take me places for mini adventures. We lived in High Wycombe at the time, and mom didn't have a car, so it was the bus everywehre. On a side note, you can still get Peardrax today on Amazon.
dec01202102 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

dec01202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nice set. Have they done away with double decker's altogether in the UK?
No, most major cities still run double decker buses, it just depends on passenger numbers and any restrictions such as low bridges, the toy bus is a model of the old trolley buses, which were electric and picked up the power through a pantograph, but went out of fashion pretty quickly.

Attachments

• R.jpeg
    R.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 21
Nice set. Have they done away with double decker's altogether in the UK?
Thanks! I took two sets, one with the Sigma 105mm Macro and this one with the Tamron 18-400mm, and couldn't get it just right with the Sigma. They still run double deckers in a lot of places in Europe. I've ridden them in Berlin, as well as in the UK.
No, most major cities still run double decker buses, it just depends on passenger numbers and any restrictions such as low bridges, the toy bus is a model of the old trolley buses, which were electric and picked up the power through a pantograph, but went out of fashion pretty quickly.
We have electric light rail that uses the same pantograph system. Any amount of icing on the overhead wires causes the trains to stop running, so I'm sure that played a role in the trolleys demise, given it gets a lot colder in Europe than it does in this area of Texas.

Most reactions

Back