No budget, new Nikon...go!

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to upgrade the D80 to something better. I am not quite ready to handle the giganticness of the larger Nikons such as the D3. I am more looking for one of the smaller pro cameras such as the D300s. Which of these types are the best? I photograph sports and weddings mostly. Thanks for any input!

LOL get the D3x...

Its only $7,000.

Wait for the D400 next year, D300 prices will drop at least, and maybe the D400 will be an awesome upgrade

Get the D700. And since your not on a budget... ill gladly take the D300 Please! :biglaugh:

Lol, after bills are paid I am going to be using the bulk of my tax return to get a new camera. I love the D80 but would like to get more of a professional level, especially since I am becoming really really busy as of late. I just hired a new photographer into my business, she has a D40 and I think she would like the D80 as an upgrade from hers. :) Thinking of getting a Sigma 120-300 2.8 or a Sigma/Nikon 70-200 2.8 to go along with my shiny new toy.

I am looking to upgrade the D80 to something better. I am not quite ready to handle the giganticness of the larger Nikons such as the D3. I am more looking for one of the smaller pro cameras such as the D300s. Which of these types are the best? I photograph sports and weddings mostly. Thanks for any input!

Ok that doesn't make sense. You say "NO budget" then you limit your choice by saying you want a D300.......uhh then go get a D300? :scratch:

Wait you want it to be one of those "cool" threads where there's like 50+ comments don't ya?? :thumbup:

Ok that doesn't make sense. You say "NO budget" then you limit your choice by saying you want a D300.......uhh then go get a D300? :scratch:

Wait you want it to be one of those "cool" threads where there's like 50+ comments don't ya?? :thumbup:

Lol, yes, yes that is my real intent. Hehe.

I am not a fan of the D3s and such because they are just too big. I am sure they are amazing cameras, but I just don't have a need for one quite yet. I am still starting out. Want to upgrade but not THAT big of an investment just yet. Maybe down the road when I have broken into the sports photography world, you know, photographing the Red Sox and all ;)

Maybe down the road when I have broken into the sports photography world, you know, photographing the Red Sox and all ;)

I shot the Red Sox last night. They are playing in Yankee Stadium.;)

Well I don't know too much about Nikons but I'd say you'd want to upgrade to at least a full frame? That's my understanding. But then again, not sure what type of photography you prefer. Sports vs landscape/weddings etc?

+1 on the d700. Same size as the d300, with a full frame sensor

you mean like the 5d mkII threads.

Well the D7000 seems to be better than the D300s. I had my mind set to the D300s and have decided to with the D7000. It seems to be a better camera, with the same body and sensor of the D300s and a few hundred bucks cheaper.

you mean like the 5d mkII threads.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Well the D7000 seems to be better than the D300s. I had my mind set to the D300s and have decided to with the D7000. It seems to be a better camera, with the same body and sensor of the D300s and a few hundred bucks cheaper.

Err... what? The D7000 is all new... and yes, I would call it better than the D300s, at least on paper. The body is only very slightly larger than the D90 body, and considerably smaller (in both volume and weight) than the D300s. The sensor is not a D300s sensor, it's a brand new never-before-used (at least not by Nikon) sensor.

@ KAikens
In short, wait up on the D7000 over the D300s.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back