No Ones Talking About the Canon 6D yet???

*yawn*
bigthumb.gif

The analogy is sound though...the full frame sensor is the same thing as a crop, with that extra margin of performance. I would say though, that focal lengths aren't one of the drawbacks of a crop sensor. The marginal increase when you go FF is sharpness, depth of field, noise performance, and low light performance (among others), but not focal length.
Just made me WANT a FF more. But as you mentioned, I would have to agree with the notion that the extra money to be spent on lessons would do more more good than buying a FF without any. (I just want that superior image quality :pimp:

Appreciate the feedback!

The analogy is sound though...the full frame sensor is the same thing as a crop, with that extra margin of performance. I would say though, that focal lengths aren't one of the drawbacks of a crop sensor. The marginal increase when you go FF is sharpness, depth of field, noise performance, and low light performance (among others), but not focal length.
Just made me WANT a FF more. But as you mentioned, I would have to agree with the notion that the extra money to be spent on lessons would do more more good than buying a FF without any. (I just want that superior image quality :pimp:

Appreciate the feedback!

Yerp...I'm with ya. Everyone wants to go FF. It definitely is a superior design. But all that extra silicon is why it's so much more expensive.

I had the craziest thought yesterday. Back in film days, when we wanted better performance we went to 120mm film...can any of you imagine the dreamy awesomeness that would be produced by a 120mm digital sensor??? oh man!

Probably never happen...it's hard enough to produce flawless silicon to build a FF on, much less a 120mm sensor.

PlanetStarbucks said:
Yerp...I'm with ya. Everyone wants to go FF. It definitely is a superior design. But all that extra silicon is why it's so much more expensive.

I had the craziest thought yesterday. Back in film days, when we wanted better performance we went to 120mm film...can any of you imagine the dreamy awesomeness that would be produced by a 120mm digital sensor??? oh man!

Probably never happen...it's hard enough to produce flawless silicon to build a FF on, much less a 120mm sensor.

Are you for real ? there are loads of medium format digital cameras and backs and it is 120 not 120mm

Affordable digital medium format cameras are not much on the market - but yeah as Gary says there are quite a few medium format cameras out there now (and if you can't afford new you can rent for a specific project).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back