Canon 6d Mark II still decent?

cptn.nemo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post here, I just ordered a canon 6d Mark II for wedding videography and was wondering if this was wise. I love canon for their AF and color and couldn’t really afford the Sony a7iii with mirrorless lens. My girlfriend shoots a 5D mark iv so I figured with me sticking to canon we can swap lenses. I ordered the canon 24-70 2.8L II knowing my girlfriend will use it if I don’t like the 6D. I don’t like the eos R and couldn’t really afford it now anyway since BH had a sale on the 6d. Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canon 6d Mark II..
still decent

I just shot a wedding with one. Decent but having just used a 5dmk4 for a previous one I’d say the image quality was much better, especially in low light.

That said, the 6d has much better battery life and the flip out screen was very useful.

But! Only having a single SD slot makes me nervous. I normally run a second card as a backup.

I have the 6D Mark II and really enjoy it. Plus the weather sealing is very good. I had it on a five day canoe adventure and it got direct lite rain nearly every day and was fine.

I thought about getting the 5D Mark IV but decided to apply the $1000 I saved to a 70-200 2.8 L. No regrets. Sure the 5DM IV is a really great body but the 6D M II has a few features it does not (save the dual card slot) and I figured a great body on average glass...is still just average.

Most reactions

Back