no response after contacting the site admin

inneist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

Roughly one week ago I wrote a letter requesting assistance from the administrators but so far have not heard anything back. I used the "contact us" link listed on my member panel when I logged in to send the message.

How can I know if my mail was received? And would any responsible person please respond to my query via PM? I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

/tsienni

Why not PM an administrator?

When you log in and send messages via "contact us" page, I thought that's basically about communicating with the administrators via PM. This is the page I used:
The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum - Contact Us

Anyway, I just checked all my PM boxes, in Send Mail folder there's no copy of what I sent to admins so I just hope the mail did reach the admins without any problem.

nope that form of contact is by e-mail - hence why you have ot leave your email contact point. That way it acts as a contact point for those who are not members of the site or who are having trouble with registration or logging on.
Check your e-mail address and your spam folder

I've posted a link to this thread in a place where it's likely to be seen by an admin.

Thanks for the tips. I have checked the spam folder as well as the inbox in my proper email - there's none from the TPF.

Wonder if the admins have managed to receive the letter from me. Otherwise I probably need to rewrite in the weekend.

Cheers.

Why rewrite? Go to your sent items folder and copy the text and paste to wherever you are writing.

not there unfortunately. read my earlier reply directly under you (the third -#3- post in this thread).

as overread has pointed out, the route through "contact us" page is between normal emails, not the internal TPF PMs.

Last edited:
If you'd like, feel free to blurt out your issues here. We could tell you what the problem is, whose fault it is, and even fight about it and call each other names in public and stir up a milieu until we're moderated/medicated/banned- Presto, problem solved!

To be most frank, the issue was solely concerning my own registered account here, and not involving anyone else at all. I was requesting to change my username and ask for some function that I couldn't do on my own after a check with all the options on my preference panel. Thought only the administrator has the authority to get these done so I wrote on the site's feedback page. That was it.

Abraxas, I know you've been here long enough. Just curious, are Alice and Hobbes no longer the admins? sorry I haven't frequented here for some time and probably missed the change here.

To be most frank, the issue was solely concerning my own registered account here, and not involving anyone else at all. I was requesting to change my username and ask for some function that I couldn't do on my own after a check with all the options on my preference panel. Thought only the administrator has the authority to get these done so I wrote on the site's feedback page. That was it.

Abraxas, I know you've been here long enough. Just curious, are Alice and Hobbes no longer the admins? sorry I haven't frequented here for some time and probably missed the change here.

From what I think I understand, there's been quite a few changes lately, or at least in the last couple months. I never really knew anything to begin with though.

I don't know if any of the moderators have the number to the bat phone. Interesting to note that they don't peek in on the suggestion and feed back area. :)

I'm sorry you're having so many issues with what is actually a very straightforward process.

Just curious, are Alice and Hobbes no longer the admins? sorry I haven't frequented here for some time and probably missed the change here.
Haven't been for many a moon. Chase was still admin (he was the site founder and owner for years, but recently sold it.

I think when the site was transferred to the new owner's server, the old TPF email addresses might have been lost in the shuffle. We converse so regularly by PM or here, in this forum, that it may simply have been overlooked - dunno.

Anyway, no one still knows what your issue is, so shoot one of the mods a PM and tell someone what's up - ok? :)

Hi,

A quick note. The moderators were helpful and my problem has been solved. Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back