What's new

No Smoking at the Old Furniture Plant

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is from a series in progress of an old furniture plant in a nearby town. They are slowly starting to re-purpose this place so I've been a few times now to get shots of it before all of it's abandoned goodness is gone ;)

The only nitpick I have on this one is I wish I had shot a wee bit wider to get more trees in top right.

Would love to hear your thoughts :) C&C always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for taking a look.

 
I really like the contrast between the two corners :)
 
Thanks J_T :)
Frequency (I think you should put your name in your sig because I would love to call you by it but can't for the life of me remember how to spell it lol)
Sure you can like it that way ;) I'm a little iffy on that crop though, perhaps if it was cropped closer on the left to eliminate all of the green/wood bottom left? My eye is drawn there but that might be because I know what's there and I want to see more it.
 
I'd actually do the opposite crop because I like the wood in the lower corner better than the trees and sky. There are some rich colors in there that contrast with the color of the door.
 
Thanks Ken, I agree, I'm a sucker for rich colours and really like them in this shot so if I were to crop I'd go left.
 
Thanks Joshua :)
 
First, let me tell you I really like it.

Now, the suggestions/critique:

There are a lot of very interesting elements in this shot. I really like the upper right triangle with the trees looking monochromatic, while the lower left rhombus (well, it was going to be a triangle until the stairs got in the way) has warm colours and different shapes. I like the way you got the diagonals framing the door. I like the idea of progression (trees in forest on upper right, industrial process in the middle, and cut wood on the lower left).

What can be improved, in my mind at least, is to move the camera a smidgin to the right, and slightly more to the back to render the handrails symmetrical. I’d love to see the two triangles (upper right and lower left) to be larger in the image – although I have no idea if there is stuff outside the frame that would make that to be nonsense. And I’d like a bit more sharpness overall on the image.

Overall, very well seen and pretty well constructed.
 
Thanks Pgriz, I 100% agree with everything you said, this one is a lesson in paying attention to the small details for me :)
 
nice shot, i would like to see the inside of the building if at all possible
 
Pgriz stated everything I was thinking just in a more eloquent way than the "I like your purty picture." that you would have gotten from me. Although I had read many of the comments before taking a close look I was still drawn from upper left to lower right just looking at the building before I even noticed the sky. The cut wood and greenery were like a nice surprise when I finally looked to the lower left.
 
Thanks jhodges and iPhoto.

I would LOVE to get inside this place but still trying to get permission, fingers crossed!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom