No Time To Learn Gotta Wingit Here Please Advise....

Ah yes, just last night we had Mediterranean crusted chicken with pecans, sun dried tomato and kalamata olive couscous and home made spicy pepper hummus with home made pita bread and a Mediterranean salad.

Ewe Couscous that stuff gives you coodies.....

She has a couch and a piece of furniture that she wants her to pose with...

Not this.

(Or do it to appease the family, but then take the bride elsewhere and take some better photos.)

Couch shots nearly always look like crap. Couch fabric rarely flatters. The couch back creates a hard line that usually interferes badly with the composition. The wall is almost never neutral and often has distracting pictures and other things hung upon it. And a couch is a very difficult surface on which to pose in a way that doesn't look slouchy. It's easy to sit up straight in a hard chair, by comparison.

Instead, find a nice neutral background, no hard horizontal lines (couch backs, fences, rails, tree lines...), no bright sky, not too busy, and set a fairly shallow DOF. Shoot several full body poses with plenty of empty space around the bride, and several tighter shots, most in portrait orientation preferably. Really take your time and think about the composition, lighting, and your settings. Don't be afraid to direct people and take charge.

Good luck. :)

And so does TOFU I can prove it my sister eats that junk all the time and she is as healthy as a horse and nutty as a fruitcake......

Jaemie here is the couch I have to work with some old silk piece of junk as far as Im concerned and not what I would want a photo on but hey to each their own... $couch_test.jpg

I'd ditch the couch& go outside with the dog <3

yea bro.. lose that ugly ass couch... ;)

Jaemie said:

Dafuq!, indeed.... x2 !!!!!!!! zOMG, that couch is...simply.... _______________ , simply ___________________.

(Pick a pejorative. Any pejorative. Then add a comma, and write the same pejorative, AGAIN!)

Yeah but if they actually frame a picture with that couch in it, I can claim my work as good enough that topaz and tangerines go together,,,,,,,
I like the couch - IF YER 90.......

Got lots of plants outside in pots big ole plants can move them around thinkin maybe thats a better option for the poor girl, at least plants dont have a style curve do they?

99 I got ruined for Mediterranean food when I first went to whole foods and later Country Market by H.E.B. down here and actually bought ingredients that are supposed to go in that food. After I did that then buying just regular much of any of the things that go in that food is like fast food unless you spend the cash to buy the soprasata and parmesana reggioano and on and on till I decided I wouldnt got that route because to get the materials to make it right costs a fortune.

Since you need to wing it on the last minute you need a crutch. Go old school and get a flash bracket and off camera cord to get the flash away from the camera. A Stofen diffuser will help, but then shoot in aperture mode with the flash on auto. If your ceiling is somewhat low, try bouncing off a ceiling or wall to soften the light some more........ but man, doing this for a family member is going to really suck, you should be sitting back enjoying the wedding.

Pull it out from the wall and have the bride bend over the back of it. If you're gettin' ***ed, I figure everyone else should be too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back