What's new

Noah C&C

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
448
Reaction score
4
Location
Tacoma, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope no one gets tired of seeing the same kid every week ;)

1.
4689036773_8e23245cbc_b.jpg


2.
4689035861_899f13c6cb_b.jpg


3.
4689033617_3d9a8c843f_b.jpg


4.
4689034681_7ea4a1d6c0_b.jpg


5.
4689667152_fb89c13821_b.jpg
 
Great pictures, I really like the background fading. Was this shot with the 50mm?
 
I think all these were with the 50mm or the 70-200 2.8. I've never had bokeh like #4 before! I was super stoked about it lol
 
Quick question is a 50mm good to take pictures of cars like doing a coverage?
 
I'm not too familiar with car photography like some of the other guys on here but I would assume you could shoot the exterior with a 50mm but would need something wider for the interior. Just my thought's though ;)

Quick question is a 50mm good to take pictures of cars like doing a coverage?
 
2.SUper

3.DUper!

Nice background control on the first three shots, and I am so,so glad to see a standing child photographed with the camera in an appropriate, "tall" orientation!

4. Has enough space for him to look into, but I'd crop a little off the left hand side, to additionally emphasize the way he is look. Nice low camera position too. Some day, these will all be precious family memories.
 
#4 is my favorite - it's kind of unusual.
 
Thanks everyone!

Derrel, thank you for the kind words and inputs. The more I mess around with this little guy the more I want to get into child photography. I started like any other photographer by always looking down on the kids. As soon as I started kneeling or laying down my images improved 100%.

For the B&W I lost some of the sharpness I was hoping for so tried to see if the old B&W conversion would save the day. For this image I think it did, for the other ones...not so much lol.

Raizels, what about #4 do you find unusual? I lowered the clarity in LR after making minor color corrections. Do you think it stands out too much? I've never lowered the clarity before but when I saw the bokeh and his gaze I thought this image might be a good candidate.

Thanks to everyone else for their words of encouragement!
 
I love all of them . hard to choose which one is my favourite but i'de go for no1 though no5 is also very interesting.
 
2.SUper

3.DUper!

Nice background control on the first three shots, and I am so,so glad to see a standing child photographed with the camera in an appropriate, "tall" orientation!

4. Has enough space for him to look into, but I'd crop a little off the left hand side, to additionally emphasize the way he is look. Nice low camera position too. Some day, these will all be precious family memories.
I agree, I think of 4 and 5 I would have put him just a bit more to the left.

Also, I think it's cool that I'm not the only one who uses the clarity slider to smooth the image. I tend to drop the clarity a few points to smooth the skin a bit rather than try it with the brush tool. ;)
 
All very good shots but I like 3&4 the most.
 
Did u use any type of flash? It doesn't look like u did. And if u didn't use a flashthen how did u get the #2 so sharp? Any time I take pics of kids moving w out a flash the pic blurs horribly. Maybe my lens is way too slow. What was your camera setting on tha pic. I totally need to get that lens though. I've been looking at one for the past week or so.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom