Noob shots from Iceland - C&C welcome!

jmblur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time with a DSLR (heck, first time shooting color with an SLR of any sort). Minor retouching with Lightroom2. I'm a novice by every definition, so please feel free to c&c!

I can provide exif data for any photos below if people are curious.

Shot with a borrowed D80 with kit lens (DX 18-135mm f3.5-5.6).

zobLr.jpg

rk4TM.jpg

SzxtW.jpg

bVV8W.jpg

Y7ytD.jpg

(weakest one here imo, needs more processing or just to be trashed probably)

JcmoF.jpg

I really like the first one. Here you didnt put the "object" in the centre. It results in a way more interesting shot than for example nr 2 and 3. It is called the rule of thirds.

Too bad there are people in the waterfall shot, but hey.. Photoshop is your friend! ;)

I'll give this thread less than 8 hours before Sam Justice shows up. I remember him inquiring about Iceland less than 2 weeks ago. Haha.

I really like the first one. Here you didnt put the "object" in the centre. It results in a way more interesting shot than for example nr 2 and 3. It is called the rule of thirds.

Too bad there are people in the waterfall shot, but hey.. Photoshop is your friend! ;)

I think that the people in the waterfall shot add a little bit of scale to the picture, I like it as it is. The first one is nice but I think if the rock was smaller (not covering the mountain) it would have been better.

nice shots... iceland looks like a great place to take photos

Most reactions

New Topics

Back