noobie tripod

ryanmac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just picked up a t3i

I'm in the market for a tripod under $200.. and under $150 would make the Mrs. even happier. That price includes a head as well. Or a tripod with a fixed head, etc.

I'm paying for a 25 thousand dollar wedding next week so budget is key I suppose.

I'll be using it just for taking low-light photos, landscape, portraits etc. The usual hobbyist stuff. Something that has a good height range obviously key.

I'm not a pro, so I don't need fancy. Just need you to direct me to a tripod that is reliable (ie my camera isn't going to tip over/fall/smash/etc.)

Cheers

And don't worry I'm not being lazy. I've been reading reviews for days.. and have read several "budget" tripod threads on this very message board. I'm just looking for a bit of your expert advice to go along with what I've already learned.

Also, I know some of you will tell me to wait until I can afford a better one.. the thing is I can already afford a better one.. but when dealing with a wife the timing isn't always right! I just need something to get me by for a few months before I spring for something nicer.

You know how a wife can be.. "you just bought an 800 dollar camera.. and now you want to get a 600 dollar tripod?"

They don't get it!

So for now.. I'll work within the budget to avoid an argument.

Last edited:
look at manfroto, they have the best tripods and monopods.

What about this?

Manfrotto 294 Aluminum 3-Section Tripod W/QR MK294A3-A0RC2 B&H

o
r this

Manfrotto My Carbon Tripod (7322CY) : Tripods - Best Buy Canadar this

http://www.kerrisdalecameras.com/spec_sheet.html?catalog[name]=Manfrotto-294-Photo-Tripod-%2F-496RC2-Ball-Head-%23MK294A3-A0RC2-Tripods&catalog[product_guids][0]=31304db0-42a8-012e-8772-20cf30bab63e

or this

Kerrisdale Cameras[name]=Manfrotto-394-Photo-Movie-Kit-%2F-3-Way-Head-QR---%23MK394-H-Tripods&catalog[product_guids][0]=bbdf6240-42a4-012e-8771-20cf30bab63e

or this

Kerrisdale Cameras[name]=Slik-Pro-340DX-Tripod-Legs-with-3-Way-Pan%2FTilt-Head-%28Quick-Release%29-Tripods&catalog[product_guids][0]=e9d37ff2-9d41-4f35-946b-5ec64058862e

Can anyone else weigh in?

Cheers

Teh.

I'm trying to find a good tripod since years but so far no luck. I'm still using a very simple tripod that I'm very unhappy with, but its extremely lightweight and thus I can easily carry it around with me at all times.

Ken Rockwell says he's using a Dolica AX620B100, a very lightweight and simple tripod with a bullet head, max camera weight 1.3kg. I've written the model down, but I dont have a link to the specific page where he recommented it. I havent managed to get it in the shop, I guess I'll have to get it over the internet.

HiTamrac has recently released a revolutionary tripod called the zipshot tr406, it is only 70 bucks! You only pull 1 strap and all the legs spring out and stand!Here's the sitehttp://www.zipshottripod.com/product.cfm#!prettyPhotoAnother great tripod is the gorilla pod, a mini tripod, I'm sure you're familiar with them, they are very cheap and come in various sizes.

Most reactions

Back