What's new

noon

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
5,699
Reaction score
1,472
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$sign 032413.webp
 
Yeah...and other cool tools..I'd love to be able to take a shot at this one...
 
Slam it with a curves layer. :D

Already did, in the conversion, the original being kind of flat, but I don't want it to be garish either. I like it kind of subtle. Well, let's see what Ceeboy comes up with ...

Yeah...and other cool tools..I'd love to be able to take a shot at this one...

Oh, go ahead, I'm curious.
 
Ooh-ooh-ooh...I didn't want to get all garish either but sensed it needed some more depth...so...

$noon2.webp
 
Last edited:
Upon looking at the compressed version, I might tend to reduce the red channel just a bit but other than that, for me at least, I got the depth I was seeking.
 
Yeah, it is sort of pinkish. Thanks for generating a different version. I see more depth in the upper half and maybe not so much in the lower part, which appears to be a little less sharp. Other than curves adjustment, what did you do? It looks like there's some selective lightening and darkening in parts of it, but that wouldn't have made it redder, so I'm not sure what happened.
 
I did a little tone mapping, some contrast control in Color Efex and some work in the individual channels in the curves dialogue. I was trying to "lift" the foreground off the background. I did lower the noise a bit which may account for the loss of sharpness in the bottom half. I may have gotten a little heavy handed in the red channel. Looks like it. Oops!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom