Normal, Soft, Vivid?

Starskream666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At first when i saw these settings i thought Vivid looked the best as it made everything more vibrant, but now i'm not so sure, what do you guys use?

Are these in-camera settings? I don't use any of that. If something needs to be done then it can be added in post, and it depends on the shot.

Yeah camera settings, you should check it out, there is a BIG difference in each one

Yeah camera settings, you should check it out, there is a BIG difference in each one
-
Folks are trying to tell you that these settings are for point and shoot shooters. Try RAW and work the images as you percieve it not as a auto adjustment from the camera sees it. If the camera only shoots JPEG, well that is a different story make your adjustments so you have little processing in post.
-
Shoot well, Joe

No in-camera settings like that for me either. I shoot RAW.

When you change them for RAW, it only affects the preview, but it will store it's settings with the RAW file so you can keep them when you do your own conversion. All those settings are are RAW to JPG conversion presets, the RAW will always contain the same data. I usually leave everything flat in camera though, that way I can see what I'm getting accurately. Later in post do I worry about adjusting contrast and so forth. In camera I'm just trying to capture the most accurate data possible, and make use of the full range available to the sensor, that way I have the most flexibility in post.

If you mean you want it to come out how it is when looking through the lens then so do i! it always looks better through the lens but not the same on the screen

If you shoot RAW those settings have nothing to do with the outcome of the RAW file unless you apply them in your converting software, such as LR3. If you shoot jpg then thiose settings are applied during the conversion or used during preview. Personally I find Vivid loses too much detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back