mikeschmeee

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I put together a little video of some storm watching along the pacific coast. Some neat crashes. Didn't catch super massive waves but a few decent sized waves where present. Captured it all on my D810, 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR and 14-24mm f/2.8G.

Just wanted to share the video.

Cheers,
Mike

They're nice. Some ideas: Try to tell a story. Take clips of signs that show locations to place where you are to the people watching. Don't repeat scenes. Shorten clips that run too long. Add narration and/or music to up the interest. Start with a title and end with credits. Try different fades. I prefer Dissolves but there are many different types to chose from.. I use Adobe Photoshop Premiere Elements. I think they're up to version 13. Its' pretty cheap but very powerful and handles up to 4K. It will give you flexibility in the abovementioned options including menus and automatic and manual lighting and sound editing. You can also combine movie clips with stills. I tend to take stills mainly on vacation form example with some short clips thrown in. Good luck.

PS Here's a slide show I put on YouiTube of my daughter taking me out on Father's Day. There are no video clips on this one although some voice from one in the background in one point. But the whole slide show (5 minutes) will give you an idea of telling a story. Oh that reminds me of another point. I found I bore people if the show lasts more than 5-10 minutes so keep potato chips around.

Most reactions

Back