Norton Ghost 15.0. Thoughts? Comments? I need some good backup software...

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anybody used 15.0? I'd love to hear thoughts from those who have used it.

Thanks.

I haven't used that version of Ghost.. but have been using Ghost Enterprise suite on and off for years in the corporate world. I have always liked it, and found it to be very useful.

Are you wanting to image your entire hard drive? To where it is restorable?

Or are you just wanting backups of data?

Are you wanting to image your entire hard drive? To where it is restorable?

Or are you just wanting backups of data?

I think I'd like to image my entire hard drive (I have a new computer and I'd like an image of it's "virgin" state in case I need to restore it). I'd also like incremental backups and a foolproof backup system of my images.

I have watched Sparky's video of his backup system which is terrific. I'm not quite there yet, but I currently have my 50,000+ images saved on 2 external 500GB hard drives, plus a 1T array drive. Not all images are saved on both drives, and I have a lot of duplicates which is a pain in the ass. What I'd like to do, optimally, is to get a "master set" of all my images in one place and then have about 5 backups of all of them.

I use ghost to image complete drives.. works well. There are also several open source utils that do well also, but they may not be quite as user friendly.

I use Cobian Backup for backing up data... very powerful tool, and it is freeware / donateware.... check it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back