not a good happening....

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, we lost MysteryScribe's input. He has decided to leave the forum for principled reasons. His humor and valued opinions will be sorely missed.

I urge all of you to message him with support to reconsider his decision.

Charlie we need you!

That's a shame. Can I ask what bought him to this point, he seemed quite actively involved as fas as I could tell?

That's a shame. Can I ask what bought him to this point, he seemed quite actively involved as fas as I could tell?

It had to do with the recent change in the rules and format of the critique section. He and I strongly opposed the use of the "stamp" and the censorship dictated by those in, and not so in, power.

There are several threads where he and I voiced objection to some of the guidelines and the "stamp". He and I felt the restriction were not in the best interest of all the members and we stated. Several of our posts were deleted over night that expressed our views and he felt better served by not participating any longer.

A message to him may hopefully change his decision.

He left because of one small section of the forum? :roll:

One another note, someone was going to give me a new Toyota, but I didn't like the size of the cup holder, so I didn't take it. :er:

Anarchy has a way of spreading without being noticed......

Anarchy is the complete lack of government, whereas I believe you're protesting that TPF's "government" is too strict. ;)

On another note, while I'm sad to see Mystery go it's true that there are many other places on this forum than the Critique Section where photos can be shared and commented on. It's sad one small part of this forum which only affects those wishing to participate (hopefully in a positive way) is enough to send people out the door...

I said it once before....and it still rings true:

Apathey, that's what we need more of, controls and apathey!

OM"sO

Look, I've presented a situation that I beleive is not in the best interests of the forum....Mysterscribe's decision to leave.

It is now in your hands to pursuade him to reconsider. That's the issue of this thread. Any judgements of his or my position regarding the forum and the methods to control are another issue.

Please message him......

He left because of one small section of the forum? :roll:

So we have lost another member of TPF, and to be honest that saddens me.

Even though I never really had much to do with Mysteryscribe, I couldn't even tell you his real name, I'd still rather he was here.

In my mind it was bad enough losing Chiller but to lose another member is very sad.

It maybe a small part of TPF but there has been more talk about that part of the forum than any other part of the forum over the past few days.

Small part of the forum, BIG problem.

It seems to me that most members do not like the 'stamps'
It also seems to me that the 'stamps' are causing a lot unhappiness

I really do believe that if the 'stamps' have to stay they should be changed to the ones that The_Traveler came up with here http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=925255&postcount=118 much nicer than the current ones that remind me of a Police State.
Also locking a new members posts is just WRONG, here's an idea, how about a MOD just moves the thread and posts a PM to the new member linking the rules and explaining why it was moved?

After all this is supposed to be the 'friendly forum' isn't it?

Ok, to put at least a temporary end to the stamp discussion....

....as we said in many other threads: your complaints have been heard. We are not ignoring you.

No one said that nothing was going to change. It is a very busy time for several people on the mod team right now, so change cannot always come overnight.

Please be patient.

Well, we lost MysteryScribe's input. He has decided to leave the forum for principled reasons. His humor and valued opinions will be sorely missed.

I urge all of you to message him with support to reconsider his decision.

Charlie we need you!

Pm sent to Mystery.

What I'm hearing more of us "we want it our way, or we're leaving", which I think is just as unfortunate as being unhappy with it in the first place. I think Corry said it well.

What is the stamp thing? And furthermore why do I not know the answer to this lol.

I am sad to see Mysteryscribe go. I haven't been around here very long but I enjoyed his posts and though he had something worth while to add.

Ok, to put at least a temporary end to the stamp discussion....

....as we said in many other threads: your complaints have been heard. We are not ignoring you.

No one said that nothing was going to change. It is a very busy time for several people on the mod team right now, so change cannot always come overnight.

Please be patient.

Corry....I'm truly not trying to be argumentative, but I have yet to hear from any mod or Chase that the complaints have been heard. And believe me, I have bee monitoring most threads.

What I'm hearing more of us "we want it our way, or we're leaving", which I think is just as unfortunate as being unhappy with it in the first place. I think Corry said it well.

Chase.....You're not hearing the call.....it's not our way or else, we asking that you consider modifying the "stamp" and what it represents. You, sir, have not responded in any form to the issue. It it just recently that you have come out of hiding behind the moderators to even show that you exist.

And do you care that an individual such as mysterscribe is leaving, someone who has contributed so much though his years of the Photography business????? For shame, you should be the first person to be emailing messages to him discussing the issues.

Paul

Chase.....You're not hearing the call.....it's not our way or else, we asking that you consider modifying the "stamp" and what it represents. You, sir, have not responded in any form to the issue. It it just recently that you have come out of hiding behind the moderators to even show that you exist.

And do you care that an individual such as mysterscribe is leaving, someone who has contributed so much though his years of Photography business????? For shame, you should be the first person to be emailing messages to him discussing the issues.

Paul

Will all due respect, all has been listened to, and is being taken into consideration. I believe your demand has been for action, not just for open ears, and we've openly said that changes are not likely to come quickly. Give us some time and you may actually like the outcome. As far as being in hiding, I believe I made it fairly clear that my job often keeps me off of the site, and unfortunately there is little I can do about that. Once TPF pays what my job does, I'll be happy to make myself much more available! :lol:

As far as caring about someone coming or going, I'm not really sure how to answer. I've seen so many people come and go over the years that I guess I've grown accustomed to the changes. I don't like to see people go, but if someone is that unhappy with the site, I understand their desire to leave and me asking them to come back is unlikely to change their overall feeling towards things. If you are asking if I'd like to see him stay, yes I would. However, there is little reason for him to choose to stay, or for me to contact him and ask him to, if he is unhappy here. If things change, and he reconsiders and can once again enjoy the site, I will welcome his return.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back