it's disturbing
those leaned lines annoy me

love it

The asymmetry here is fabulous.

using tapatalk.

it's disturbing
those leaned lines annoy me

love it

Thanks. It is quite disconcerting or somehow uncomfortable to look at and I wasn't sure about posting it at first, but the response has been very encouraging.

The asymmetry here is fabulous.

using tapatalk.

Thanks. It comes through far more here without flash; I took another shot a little earlier the same morning when there was less light from the side windows in the stairwell, and the asymmetric lines and contours are less obvious because the flash fired and swamped them a little. Also, I think I held the camera a little "better" for the earlier shot, so a degree of serendipity was involved here by my being a bit off with the composition.

Last edited:
You know what would be a brain teaser, if you swapped the top and bottom person, making the top guy largest. That would be fantastic.

This shot is neat - I really like this one. The "lines" in the centre grab your eye and take it to the top and the symmetry is great.

WesternGuy

You know what would be a brain teaser, if you swapped the top and bottom person, making the top guy largest. That would be fantastic.

When I set this up, I did get the taller, thicker set man to stand on the upper level so that the balance would be better - it would need a giant to create the kind of optical illusion you suggest....or computer skills I don't have.

This shot is neat - I really like this one. The "lines" in the centre grab your eye and take it to the top and the symmetry is great.

WesternGuy

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back