Not perfect, BUT

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Technically this photo is far from perfect, but I somehow like it due to the light and movement and colors. And my wife likes it a lot obviously.
But how about the photographer's eye? What do you think - does the content outweigh the obvious technical issues here?
And if yes - how would you crop it?
Thanks

$A on a scooter web .jpg

Technically this photo is far from perfect, but I somehow like it due to the light and movement and colors. And my wife likes it a lot obviously.
But how about the photographer's eye? What do you think - does the content outweigh the obvious technical issues here?
And if yes - how would you crop it?
Thanks

For your wife, yes it does outweigh any technical issues. I would just ask her what size she wanted it printed and get it for her. (Happy Mom, happy family)

For a parent, I have no doub that the content would outweigh the technical issues, and given the circumstances, I don't see the technical issues as all that major.

I quite like it. It has a sparse open feeling and a strongly graphical layout that's quite pleasing. The motion blur and blown highlights don't bother me a bit, they're part of the thing that happened, part of the moment.

It's a cute, simple photo. It has big, obvious subjects that are close in the frame. It's a cute photo. In family photos like this, with one's little ones and significant others as the subjects, the content often overrides the technical values. This is such a photo. Yes, it has some 'issues', but it's still a cute photo.

How would "I" crop it? Like this. I also applied a standard Nikon neutral color look to the image, and I also desaturated the red jacket a bit, and also desaturated her aqua backpack, to make the backpack a bit less-visible and less attention-drawing. Aqua really stands out in such a large, prominent place, so I toned that shade down. I added a bit of sharpening, and cropped off much of the sky areas, and went with a bit wider than normal proportion, to emphasize the right-to-left movement and the expanse of "open road!" ahead of the little child. I also cloned out that ugly black stick on the lower left.

This would be my take.. cute shot! A little cloning to kill the bright area that distracts from the subjects.. and a standard 14x11 crop.

$cg-edit.jpg

Thanks guys! I really appreciate yor response. A lot of food for though here.

Last edited:
I like the picture - I love how the little boy is in mid stride!

I'm no pro but this is what I came up with. Desaturated a bit, softened the background and cropped a little wide giving them room to run!

$kid on scooter small.jpg

Most reactions

Back