Not quite noob...advice needed

Black and white development is easy. You can teach your self and get a lot of satisfaction. You need: a tank about $10:00, developer, about $6.00, stop bath, 5.00 fixer 5.00. A dark place or changing bag 20.00-40.00. water from your tap. a thermometer 8.00 for a cheap digital. a watch to time the process. 45 min. to set up, develop and clean up once you figure out what you are doing. A book to tell you how about $20.00
various measuring stuff leaa than 20.00 for a full set of beakers.

Develop the film. Have your photo shop give you a contact proof print. Now most shops scan the negatives on to a 8.5x11 sheet. We used to print it on print paper. This is just a print of your film strips.

Look at the proof strip through a magnifier- a loup is better. Pick the ones you like and have them printed however you want. file away all of your negatives with notes as to what they are because you might want to dig one out someday.
Behold you have crossed the great divide. You control the destiny of your photographs. And it is a lot of fun seeing the negatives the first time.
Good Luck:thumbup:

Judge Sharpe
I have lived several lifetimes and am still young.

Well i think developing my own is going to have to wait. I think the shutter is dying on my Petri, something just isnt right.

We shall see if I pick up another film camera or not. If I do, it will probably be an EOS so i can use the lens' from my DSLR.

Most reactions

Back