Not so super moon.

Grandpa Ron

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was getting ready to shoot the super moon. (a full moon when its orbit close to the earth.) But, I was disappointed by the thick cloud cover.

Walking back inside, I discovered it made a great back light for the tree limbs, another favorite subject of mine. Some times you just use what you are given.

Aperture f8
Shutter 6 sec.
ISO 400

Moon trees .jpg

It definitely works.

Nice, looks like the opening shot to a horror story. #It was a cold dark night on the moors. As the moon filtered through the trees, I could just make out the vampire ahead. Did he see me...#

katomi,

As I mentioned I like moonlit tree shots. Given the infinite number of cloud formations and tree branches the subject is always changing. I is also great way to learn the manual features of your camera.

Here is one of my earlier photos a cropped for Halloween.

fog moom branches elipes 6 .jpg

Oooo, spooky.
Cool shot.

Nice, looks like the opening shot to a horror story. #It was a cold dark night on the moors. As the moon filtered through the trees, I could just make out the vampire ahead. Did he see me...#

I suppose I'm partial to a 'werewolf' on the moors due to "American Werewolf In London" but the thought of a vampire is still creepy. Good imagination.

Cool pic and a lil spooky. Now turbo charge it again with a some ominous bird with glowing eyes silhouetted on that middle branch left of the moon a little or a politician flying in front of the moon on a broom. :nightmare:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back