Not sure about pricing. Advice appreciated.

lovely_aly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After many years as a hobbyist and doing photography for friends and family, earlier this year I decided to extend my services to the public. So far, so good. I've done several family shoots of which I'm pretty confident w/ my pricing. Just today though, I received a call from a woman who's opening a boutique/salon and she wants to know my pricing for shooting the staff and the location...she left a message so I don't know the whole scope of the job. But from this little bit of info can anyone tell me what the going rate is for this type of work?

Any response is appreciated. =)

Since she is just opening a store she will be on a budget see if she will go 300 - 400 on the low end .... try for 700 and see what she says ...do not do this over the phone see her in person and have a contract in hand... spell out usage and terms... watch pay some now and some later because you may never see the later money

After many years as a hobbyist and doing photography for friends and family, earlier this year I decided to extend my services to the public. So far, so good. I've done several family shoots of which I'm pretty confident w/ my pricing. Just today though, I received a call from a woman who's opening a boutique/salon and she wants to know my pricing for shooting the staff and the location...she left a message so I don't know the whole scope of the job. But from this little bit of info can anyone tell me what the going rate is for this type of work?

Any response is appreciated. =)

Sounds like good potential for a long-term client. Download a license contract and calculate your cost of doing business.

Hope this video helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this one case, I find myself agreeing with Mully (again) but your situation has introduced another twist.

In this case, I might try for a long-term arrangement with the customer, such that you get paid a modest amount now, and more later when her business takes off. So price it out for the shoot, including follow-up shots, etc, but spread out the payments over the next three months, so she isn't put off entirely.

Hopefully, you will make a tidy profit and develop a long-term relationship as well.

CODB should determine what you charge.. and don't forget the business license, insurance, etc.. and please don't forget to report it so you can pay taxes!

Why do the frequency of "how much should I charge" threads increase after Santa visits
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

Back