Not sure about this one...

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend (that is in this picture) and I like this picture... I can't figure out why I like it since it's not in focus, she's cut off and... it just completely breaks every rule lol ... So I wanted to see what you all think. Be honest with me... if you don't like it, tell me... tell me why though. If you like it, tell me and tell me why :)

Thanks everyone :)

001.jpg

I don't like it. It looks like a mistake to me. I've seen a few OOF pictures that worked, but they usually work because of interesting color or patterns or mood. This shot doesn't have interesting color, the pattern is grating to my eyes, and I don't feel any mood. And for some unknown reason, me eyes are strongly drawn toward the person-in-front's butt. Please tell me I'm not the only one or I'll just feel like a wierdo. :sexywink:

I don't like it. It looks like a mistake to me. I've seen a few OOF pictures that worked, but they usually work because of interesting color or patterns or mood. This shot doesn't have interesting color, the pattern is grating to my eyes, and I don't feel any mood. And for some unknown reason, me eyes are strongly drawn toward the person-in-front's butt. Please tell me I'm not the only one or I'll just feel like a wierdo. :sexywink:
haha i dont know about that whole butt thing..
but the out of focus thing for the entire picture is a little irritating to me

I don't like it. Why? It's out of focus.

In general I don't like out of focus images although there are very few that work due to motion blur or other elements that wow me. This is not a wow picture. Sorry.

No need to apologize creisinger :)

At first glance, I did like this shot. However, after looking at it a few more times, I'm not that excited about it :)

I asked for honest C&C and you were honest :) Thank you! :)

I really don't want to upset people based on one photo!

I'm sure you got some good pictures in your portfolio. Sometimes we all need to hear other people's opinions to get an idea if this is working or not.

Best of luck!

There is only one place for that shot

Are you really sure that it needs to be mounted and framed on the mantelpiece? I'd at least let them choose where in the house to place it - might suit the dining room better ;)

As for the shot one must always understand that as somone who is keen to learn and develop in photography we can often end up reducing our work into simply how it measures up to the concepts of a perfect image as defined by laws of exposure and rules of compostion. This is further enforced by the views we tend to get on forums where many around us are also striving toward the same goals and with similar levels of understanding.

Thus we lose track of something that the "non-photographers" can often see - and that is context and content of the shot itself. Sometimes a photograph is highly valued even though its blurry, out of focus and the white balance was a bit off - because its the only pic of "so and so" that we happen to have. The content and context have ruled over all the preconcived "rules" of photography to rate the photo highly.

This is not about "breaking the rules" but more about appreciating a photograph in a different way and understanding that there is more than one view and school of thought.

ps -- the above should never be used as a defence of bad photography ;)

The composition is kind of cool. Nice rhythm. Moving forward...

There is only one place for that shot

Are you really sure that it needs to be mounted and framed on the mantelpiece? I'd at least let them choose where in the house to place it - might suit the dining room better ;)

As for the shot one must always understand that as somone who is keen to learn and develop in photography we can often end up reducing our work into simply how it measures up to the concepts of a perfect image as defined by laws of exposure and rules of compostion. This is further enforced by the views we tend to get on forums where many around us are also striving toward the same goals and with similar levels of understanding.

Thus we lose track of something that the "non-photographers" can often see - and that is context and content of the shot itself. Sometimes a photograph is highly valued even though its blurry, out of focus and the white balance was a bit off - because its the only pic of "so and so" that we happen to have. The content and context have ruled over all the preconcived "rules" of photography to rate the photo highly.

This is not about "breaking the rules" but more about appreciating a photograph in a different way and understanding that there is more than one view and school of thought.

ps -- the above should never be used as a defence of bad photography ;)

I'd hang it right next to the ****ter

I'm sorry, but no. Nothing about this picture is interesting.

Are you sure she is a "she"? Shoulders are too broad, hair is unkempt and no noticeable curves in her body ;)

JUST KIDDING!! :greenpbl:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back