not sure I made the right decision

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was looking today at perhaps getting a macro lens cause I think it would be something fun to play with. I saw a few different macro lens's and said screw it i cant decide so i bought a macro lens filter kit for my nifty fifty :D but im still just not sure any help or write up on good/bad macro lens or proper ways to use these kits (are they worth a damn etc...)

So I was looking today at perhaps getting a macro lens cause I think it would be something fun to play with. I saw a few different macro lens's and said screw it i cant decide so i bought a macro lens filter kit for my nifty fifty :D but im still just not sure any help or write up on good/bad macro lens or proper ways to use these kits (are they worth a damn etc...)

Try getting a reverse mount adapter. It is a step up/step down right style thing that allows you to mount a lens on the the front of your lens. The results can be amazing and they cost all of $6 or so. Here is one I shot with my kit lens and an old 50mm manual focus lens I had lying around. The only bad thing about it is that it can be a bear to focus.

2575875650_e8083f2261.jpg

They're okay; not great, generally there is focus fall-off toward the edges, but the price point makes up for a lot.

Try getting a reverse mount adapter...

Sorry, but while the results are good, I strongly recommend against this for a couple of reasons. First is that the rear of the lens isn't designed to be exposed and makes your lens much more susceptible to internal dust. Second is that the filter threads are designed to support the weight of a filter or two, NOT the lens. A good compromise is extension tubes.

Still fun though...

IMG_4505-resized.jpg

Best $10 I ever spent.

It's a Gillette Fusion razor, to be exact.

(If you're really cheap you can do the same thing with a little bit of tape.)

Last edited:
Don't they shave rabbits eyes and nasty stuff... find another brand.

-S

That's so 1996.

I too never thought about the weight with a lens reversing ring. I had thought about trying something ghetto like that. Maybe the close up filters are a better options.

um so im lost are you saying that filters is ur pic or what was the best 10 dollars ever spent

?

Macro Coupler (aka - reversing ring) ~ $10

clicky

Which 50mm? (What size filter does it take?)

You will need two lenses for these. Find out what size filters they take, and get the appropriate ring.

Most reactions

Back