not sure if this fits here?

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hmmm out of curiousity where do most of the people here like to have their photos printed at? or do it themselves? also how do i post a picture on here? can i post from a file?

Most PC's already have software where you can print them yourself.

I find photo quality paper to be too expensive to use to print everything on, so I print many of mine on plain stock paper, then put it between a clear slip to give it some gloss, gives me a good idea of what the printed 8 X 10 will look like.

Then print the best ones once I know what they might look like.

But years ago when I did film, I always used to shoot b/w and do a contact sheet, then only print the best shots.

To post and host here, you need to be subscriber. I really like The Photo Forum, so I subscribe anyway, even though I will host pics at Flickr - it's easier because I'm a member at other communities as well.

I print a lot myself, and am also irked by the cost of paper and ink. However, the value of my time during working hours makes it prohibitive to go to a store each time I want one or two prints done nicely... and there's something cathartic about having the final print in my hand.

I use a variety of paper, but find that Satin Matte from Hahnemühle is my favorite for my creative work. Especially B & W and high-key color images benefit from the shiney reflective nature of the paper under the lighter areas.

Family snaps go on Glossy Epson paper. It's relatively cheap, has more contrast, more color pop, and is generally better for the grandparents. "Gosh, it's like a real photo..."

Mpix.com. Great quality, very inexpensive and fast shipping. For the quality of print, I could never do it at home as inexpensively given the cost of a nice printer, ink, and paper.

I do my prints at costco, 15 cents for a 4x6, 1.50 for a 8x12, 15 cents for a 4x6 is a steal especially when quality isnt as important and all you need are prints to do edits, if i need serious printing, i send stuff to one of three professional labs in my area

My local pharmacy (believe it or not), has their own 1-hour printing lab and card kiosks at around 13 cents per glossy 4X6 and they come out not bad (though not great!).

Its not often that I print, and even less often that I want a higher quality result, however, I am printing out an album of my parent's 50th anniversary pictures that happened this year and I will more than likely be using MPIX's services.

I've printed once, through Adorama. I was completely satisfied with them. I had a couple of 8x10s that are now on my living room wall and around 30 4x6 printed.

I currently have a handful of 4x6, a couple 5x7, and a couple single page calendars uploaded to MPix that I am going to have done soon. Adorama was $0.19 for the 4x6 and MPix is $0.29. If they look the same, I'll stick with Adorama. MPix does have a lot of neat stuff that you can have made though. I have calendars with the kid's photos coming for the grandmas for Christmas.

Walmart is $0.09 if you go through the website. I'm curious as everyone comments about the quality of Walmart as opposed to somewhere like MPix or Adorama. I plan to upload a few that I've already printed with Adorama and MPix to Walmart for comparison.

Being that I only have a superzoom, I don't know if there would be as great of a difference between printing at different places.

I print at ritz because I get 40% off. Their enlargements kick butt if you got the file to support it, I also really like the lustre paper we have.

Most reactions

Back