Not the Beach

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had this shot in my head for a while, and I think this is as close as I am going to get given the location. I snapped this as I was being shooed away by a security guard. I say great location, he says Federal Court Building. Federal Court Building wins. Wasn't the only guard that sent me on my way that day (different location).

Anyhow, as always, comments welcome.

IMG_4290a by breckmiller, on Flickr

I like the lines in this and contrasting subjects. Well done.

I love this. What FanBoy said, and also there is an emotional content to it that is lacking in many photos. It could be just that I like chairs as subjects, but there really is something here.

I'd try it in B&W, moving the green slider to make the chair very light. I'd also darken the lower mid-tones a bit, either in color or B&W.

Thanks for the comments guys. Here you go Ken. Definitely a different feel to it.

IMG_4290b by breckmiller, on Flickr

I love the concept and execution, well done.

Thanks for the comments guys. Here you go Ken. Definitely a different feel to it.

IMG_4290b by breckmiller, on Flickr

Interesting, but I think you need to pull the chair back up a bit. This will of course make some of the stone a little lighter, but overall I think the contrast would be better.

See if you can sneak another shot and give the background wall about twice the height. You may have to narrow in the framing a bit, but it doesn't need wide as much as it needs high.The juxtaposition of lines works but the height is too compressed to get a real feel for the contrasting angles and color.

Ken - I've got it set up with layers such that I can pull saturation back up just on the chair and leave the background as is.

Cee - Unfortunately I am back home 4 hours away. I did try to work some angles as I was getting sent off, but had no room on either side to widen without introducing some really distracting elements. My other concern was losing the floor in the foreground. I wanted some sense of distance to the chair. I could probably squeeze a little more. And then there's the fact that I've actually been kicked out of there twice already over time. Wondering how many times before they just have my picture posted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back