Not what I expected to see for my ADK view

Winona

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We were on top of Coney Mountain in the Adirondacks enjoying the view when we heard the sudden roar of a plane. This is a screenshot from video from my iPhone, so the plane was quite close.

upload_2020-12-13_21-42-59.png

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cool!!! Neat capture- you were definitely in the right place at the right time.

Rickbb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
They do that, was camping last month in the mountains and saw the topside of a C130 flying by the campsite. Was weird.

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to Google 'Coney Mountain in the Adirondacks'. Boy that's remote. Cool capture, looks like a big birdie.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The perspective makes it look super close. That happens with buildings in Boston since the airport is so close by.

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Plane looks too low! Good catch

OP
Winona

Winona

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Glad you enjoyed the photo. It was so weird- no sound and suddenly it was right there, took a hard bank to the right. There was some nervous oohs and ahhs. It was closer then it needed to be. Glad it turned!

I happen to apparently live on the flight path for helicopters flying from Ft. Drum to Syracuse Airport. Once they were so low my house was shaking and I literally ran out the door thinking they were crashing into my home! I talked to a pilot and he said they should never be that low.

K9Kirk

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Glad you enjoyed the photo. It was so weird- no sound and suddenly it was right there, took a hard bank to the right. There was some nervous oohs and ahhs. It was closer then it needed to be. Glad it turned!

I happen to apparently live on the flight path for helicopters flying from Ft. Drum to Syracuse Airport. Once they were so low my house was shaking and I literally ran out the door thinking they were crashing into my home! I talked to a pilot and he said they should never be that low.

Some pilots like to hot-dog when they fly and others sometimes pay the price for it. An example of that is the "1994 B-52 crash at Fairchild Airforce Base." Can be seen on you tube.

Most reactions

New Topics