What's new

notes

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
800
Reaction score
1
Location
pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this yesterday at work. I know that the focal point is to the right of the note but I sort of like it. Do you think that the out of focus sections of the photo take away from the point of focus? Should I redo this with the note in focus or crop the photo differently? Sorry for all the questions :blushing: I am still in the process of learning and can use as much constructive criticism as possible. Thanks for looking :D

22222222.jpg
 
Well, yes... this is pretty shallow depth of field. My first thought is that it looks a bit muddy. My "mind's eye" tells me paper is white, and this is a long way from white.

I do like seeing the texture of the paper. Maybe you can bring up the tone of the paper without loosing the texture.

-Pete

BTW... what note is that? And, are those 16th notes right before it?
 
A quick tip...use a little more depth of field to take your viewers eye on a path to your main point of interest... People usually read, or view things, left to right.. Not that you can't break the rules.. Just food for thought.
 
Thank you for the tips. :thumbup: I will have to try that shot again tomorrow.
BTW, Christie Photo: That is an E note and the notes right before it are 32nd notes. :lol:
 
I know nothing about music and notes but it looks dark to me and the depth of field is pretty shallow. If more of that "note" on the left were in focus and the paper was brighter, not necessarily whiter, it would look better IMHO.
 
lowerregister.jpg


E is after the F on the far right. Hope this helps :thumbup:
 
:lol: helps a lot!
Cheers :lol:
I kind of figure it out myself and was trying to make a point that the message is not very clear to me due to the composition (IMO).
One have to look more deeply to figure what exactly the message is :)
Regards,
b.
 
I noticed you play sax taskoni. What type of music do you play? (sorry this isn't related to photography. :lol:)
 
I do jazz, fusion, funk etc. :)
And because it is a photo forum I can assure you I do better with the sax than with my camera but looks like my charts reading is a little rusty tho' :lol:
Regards,
b.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom