November Barn

CmazzJK

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to my local swamp and took this image of the freeze that took place this week. Also, have been eyeing this barn for about two weeks now and finally got over there with a few minutes of light remaining. I am definitely going back again when I have more than a couple of minutes to capture this old interesting barn and try a couple different compositions, all I had with me was my Nikkor 40mm 2.8 and there was about a foot and a half of snow off the road I had to tramp through and set up my tripod.

Winter Swamp Portrait B&W.jpg

November Barn Portrait B&W.jpg

I think it will be worth going back when you have the time. The barn shot seems a little flat and you probably needed more light but it's still a nice photo and I like the composition, which is unusual being vertical. Was there a reason for doing this? perhaps something nearby that you didn't want to include?

I think it will be worth going back when you have the time. The barn shot seems a little flat and you probably needed more light but it's still a nice photo and I like the composition, which is unusual being vertical. Was there a reason for doing this? perhaps something nearby that you didn't want to include?

I am looking forward to going back definitely and yes there was a house to the left I was avoiding and with only having one fixed lens a 40mm. I just shot it vertical. My only other option was trouncing through snow up to my knees and I wasn't in the right attire for that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back