Novice's Prides...

SonicAdvDX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
xanga.com
Okay, yeah, I'm sort of new to photography; at least, serious kind. I've always loved taking terrible pictures as a child. But, anyway, I haven't taken much, so I'd like to know which of these do you guys find to be better?

This picture... (Note: Expresses my camera's terrible Auto-focus)

Or, this one?

Please note, these were my first few pictures I took with my camera. I'm just wondering which are worth keeping...

I don't understand what's happening in the pictures. It looks like junk on a desk or night stand to me.

Yeah, it is junk on a desk. And, like I said, my camera was on it's terrible auto-focus function and only got my speaker focused right... T_T

Neither really work for me either. Here's my initial reaction and suggestions:

-Why shoot this?
-Why is the subject not focused in the first
-There are way to many things in this composition, and really doesn't seem to be efficiently composed
-The image isn't balanced IMO
-It doesn't seem that any thought was put into these shots at all...anyone can take a picture of a pile of junk...so what can you do to try and make this pile meaningful?
-I would suggest picking one object, and setting it up, and working on your composition and balance...as well as focus, then into the more serious stuff when you understand these things first

are you trying to say something artistically with either shot?

Most reactions

Back