Nubble Lighthouse Christmas Lights

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been trying to catch my favorite lighthouse at blue hour during Christmas season for a few years now. My plans always get foiled, either by weather or time constraints. Yesterday I finally got there on time and in decent weather. 50's in Maine in December is not to be ignored! I had some focus issues with my 16-80 which were user error on my part (I rarely use that lens on my tripod or with manual focus) and I forgot to turn off OIS and then forgot to change my release priority from focus to release) . By the time I realized and resolved the problems I had only time for a few shots before it got fully dark. I guess I will be trying again next year.

Fortunately I had also taken a couple with the Samyang 12mm that were in better focus Critique the focus issues if you'd like but you won't be telling me anything I don't already regret lol. Any other feedback is welcome. If any of these can be improved with editing, feel free to offer your advice. Thanks for looking!

Christmas 2021 - Nubble Light by SharonCat..., on Flickr

had to get down in the puddles for this one:

Christmas 2021 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

I really like these. #2 and #3 are the standouts for me. Love the reflection and perfect composition in #3. #2 is excellently composed as well. Very nice set.

Wonderful set! I really like the last two. The reflection is magical. Very creative with the lobster traps.

I really like these. #2 and #3 are the standouts for me. Love the reflection and perfect composition in #3. #2 is excellently composed as well. Very nice set.
Thanks very much!
Wonderful set! I really like the last two. The reflection is magical. Very creative with the lobster traps.
Thanks Jeff. Lobster trap trees and buoy trees are a holiday tradition along the New England coast. I have a buoy tree photo somewhere but haven’t downloaded it to my phone yet. I’ll post it later.

I like #2 with the moon. I also like the re-edit. The colors are wonderful.

Most reactions

Back