Nuclear Power Station

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! Those shots were taken in Nuclear Power Station in Greifswald (Germany). I went there with the technical university trip. I found there the hardest lightning conditions I have ever had!

greifswald_020.jpg

greifswald_022.jpg

greifswald_036.jpg

greifswald_046.jpg

greifswald_050.jpg

this one shows the reactor... the very inner part of the power station
greifswald_055.jpg

greifswald_061.jpg

if you want to see more go to my site: http://mentos.lnet.szn.pl/portfolio/greifswald

Mentos these are great! Number 4 is really cool and I love the last shot, but they are all good. I envy you, I would love to get the chance to photograph one of these.

Enjoyed the series. I am surprised you were aloud to take pictures. I can imagine how hard the lighting conditions where. Good job.

the power station is being destroyed now... it is closed for 15 yrs now and the technology was Russian so no electronics and no secrets there :) I hope so :)

I know how hard it is to take shots in factory/industrial environments, think it's because of sodium lights and various other nasties, you captured these really well and got some good interesting shots.

I like No.4 and the last one best out of them, they are the simplest compositions, and generally they appeal to me the most.

Did you see Homer Simspon while you were there? :D

I really like #4, 5 and the last one! Great series! I can imagine how bad the lighting was in there!

excellent industrial shots Alexandra! the lighting is perfect for all. :thumbup: cut the lights off in your room tonight and see if you're glowwing in the dark :shock:

luckily I'm not glowing Jon :D:D
And I hope there wasn't any radiation... well... if there was any they would not allow us to enter I suppose :p
Tempra: no, sorry... no Homer Simpson there :p:p:p

Very nice; 1,4, and 7 are my favorites.

Fans of industrial photography should check out Margaret Bourke-White, John Sexton, and the Bechers.

Most reactions

Back