Nuthatch at the Ipswich Audubon Wildlife Conservatory in Topsfield Mass

PersistentNomad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A more recent photo of mine. I'm kind of a bird nut and now that I'm back in New England I'm on a quest to capture as many of the types of birds here as possible.
Shot with Nikon D5000, 300mm f5.6 at 1/250 ISO 640
for web-0599.jpg

Nice capture.

Nice. I live in that area and have never been there. What did you think of the conservatory trails?

Nice. I live in that area and have never been there. What did you think of the conservatory trails?
They were really extensive and winding, which was nice. There were areas of thicker forest and other areas that were boardwalks over the marsh. Surprisingly, the wildlife was way more active closer to the visitor's center, and people go there to feed the birds from their hands, so the birds are REALLY friendly and not afraid of being close to you. I hear it's better to go in the spring, that's when the rarer birds are there and more active.

They were really extensive and winding, which was nice. There were areas of thicker forest and other areas that were boardwalks over the marsh. Surprisingly, the wildlife was way more active closer to the visitor's center, and people go there to feed the birds from their hands, so the birds are REALLY friendly and not afraid of being close to you. I hear it's better to go in the spring, that's when the rarer birds are there and more active.

I may check it out in a few weeks when things calm down here at home. With back to school craziness and family visiting, it'll be a few weeks before I can scare up some free time. I'm thinking when the fall colors come, it'll be a nice day trip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back