NY Nick get's hitched Texas Style!

The only and I mean ONLY thing I noticed was you cut the bottom of her dress off in #2 but you didn't really have any other way to go. I wish I could get picky and say something constructive but it looks like you nailed the wedding.

You, girl, are one of the reasons its important for the bride to hire a REAL wedding photographer. (not a birdshooter like me)

you did say something that I would like to comment on..
I walked around all day in a skimpy t-shirt that said, "Naughty girls get better presents", LOL. I was channelling my youth. Hehe.

I think all of us spending our valuable time looking over your photos deserves just one photo from Christmas day....[grin]

haha. It's bad enough that I subject my poor husband to my hippie ways.
Believe me, it's much better left to the imagination....seriously...LOL

Anyhoo, I've seen your work, and I think you make a darn fine wedding photog. :)

Tack sharp, Wish I could get photo's as sharp as these are:) Great job as always!

beautiful shots....these are some of my favourites of yours lately! LOVE LOVE #8, also 5, 12, 13, 15....great shots....lvoed the grainy shot,..its something different and it befits the expression

#2 has shoes or something sticking out of her side...i would clone that out and i dont like that her dress is cut off and the white thing in the background...
love #1...lvoe the slightly chocolately colour to it, charming!

Ackkkk! Another in the camp of losing the shoes.
The shoes will now be gone. :) Thank you guys! That's exactly the type of stuff that helps me.
Thank you Emo!

What are those lines going across her dress and the wall in #1?? (on the lower left side of the picture) I thought it might be part of the border, but it's not on any other part of the picture...

It's a texture overlay WM. I'm getting more and more into that lately. I'm a huge fan of Jesh De Rox:
http://www.jeshderox.com/
This overlay was actually a gift from Sallee Photography on another website though:
http://www.salleephotography.com/

BTW-if you aren't familiar with Jesh, he just won a record breaking 36 awards at WPPI. He's amazing. He's a great person. And he's so fresh!

I always look forward to seeing your photos - I absolutely LOVE your work! To me, in #3, the bride's smile so resembles Faith Hill! But a much prettier Faith Hill!! But that was the only picture that I saw that resembled Faith! haha...but I am a big fan of the "noise" pictures. I LOVED #19 & #21! Very Cool! I like the traditional posed pictures and all but I just adore your candid shots! There's just something about capturing someone in the middle of a moment....I don't know- I love it! The only thing is that in #11 her eyes look a bit OP..could just be me, I don't know but that is the only thing that really stood out to me. But I just love your work!!

Just a quick Q- what is backwards flash?

they are going to live them

I always look forward to seeing your photos - I absolutely LOVE your work! To me, in #3, the bride's smile so resembles Faith Hill! But a much prettier Faith Hill!! But that was the only picture that I saw that resembled Faith! haha...but I am a big fan of the "noise" pictures. I LOVED #19 & #21! Very Cool! I like the traditional posed pictures and all but I just adore your candid shots! There's just something about capturing someone in the middle of a moment....I don't know- I love it! The only thing is that in #11 her eyes look a bit OP..could just be me, I don't know but that is the only thing that really stood out to me. But I just love your work!!

Just a quick Q- what is backwards flash?

Hey Stacey,
You made my morning! Thanks for the kind words!!!!!!
What is OP? Sorry, my brain isn't awake yet. :confused:
Ah, the backwards flash thing.....I shoot kinda funny. My flash is normally turned all the way around backwards when I shoot. I just like the light better that way.
It's so funny though, because so many people come up to me at weddings, trying to be helpful of course, and say, "Ummm, sorry to bother you but I wanted to let you know your flash is on backwards". :lmao::lmao::lmao:
They think I'm truly insane when they find out it's like that on purpose. Hehe.
Thanks again!!!!!

I love them all.......the cake cutting shot.....how did you get that one?

I love them all.......the cake cutting shot.....how did you get that one?

Thank you Jeepnut.

The cake shot is one of those that I have the camera way over my head and shoot.

Sounds hard, but it isn't. Hit your preflash, and if you see the red preflash on their face, you are good to go. I shoot wide, so it's pretty hard for me to mess up doing it that way.

It also works well in a pinch. If something happens really fast, and you don't have your eye to the camera, just point it like a gun, and go. That doesn't always work, but it does work most of the time.

It also works for some pretty darn funny dancing stuff. Play with it a bit, and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks again. And yeah, I definately overdid the eyes I think. :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back