NYC Meet-Up Dates Poll

What weekend in November do you think the NYC meet-up should be?

• Both Weekends are No Good for Me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daniel, thanks for your message - if nothing gets in my way
(work-wise) I'll meet with you guys. :mrgreen:

I can't really recommend any (cheap/reasonable) places
to stay - unfortunately our place is a typical Manhattan
shoebox...
but I have had tons of luck with hotwire.com in the past
for hotels, flights and car rentals...

i'll be in NYC this weekend i think....hell, i never know til it happens.

i'll be practicing up ;)

ya know, i bet taking a train into grand central station would be cool!

JonMikal said:
i'll be in NYC this weekend i think....hell, i never know til it happens.

That's cool... turns out it looks like I'll be going up as well very soon, but it's the weekend after you are (of the 24th). Too bad we're gonna miss by one week. But there'll still be November :)

JonMikal said:
ya know, i bet taking a train into grand central station would be cool!

:thumbsup: That sounds like an awesome idea to me!

Sidestep.com is a good site.

Jersey City is a good idea, The parking (daily parking) would be around USD15- 25.00 though.

If you like to stay in Jersey, Secaucus would be a better option. Its just a couple of exits from the Lincoln tunnel by which you enter the city. The hotels would have parking.

If you are looking for a deal in the city, you might want to check out the hotels in the Upper West Side. Parking would be around USD30-40 per day.

Hope this helps.

PM/Email me for further info.

danalec99

Are you plainning to come in on friday and leave sunday evening?

my attendance is looking a little iffy now. hopefully all will work out. :)

jersey is fine, but it's worth a little extra money to be in manhattan. between the traffic and tolls, jersey is more of a headache than anything else. best thing to do is get a hotel and park for the weekend in a lot, and use public transportation.

so what are the plans for going places/seeing things? the international center of photography would be a good place to go... and there are loads of fun places in brooklyn!

I think one attraction should be the B&H superstore :) (I'm only half-joking about that)...
Some of the definite places we should go are Times Square and Central Park. Especially for those coming who don't go to NYC very often. Plus, there's always some good photography there. After that, I think it might be a good idea to wander around some less touristy spots.

Well, I have one request. I would like to see the the Imagine Mosaic and possibly Strawberry Field in Central Park. Yes...I'm a Beatles fan, but it's only a request. Thanks for listening.!

Central park would be great. We'd also like to see the Empire State building. Aubrey has already printed out a map for the B&H superstore :roll: I like the train to Grand Central Station idea as well.

Other than that, we'll tag along when we can. I'll be waddling along at 8 months pregnant ;) We did decide to bring our boys, to combine this trip with a little mini vacation with them before the baby arrives. They love to take pictures so I think they will enjoy that. As for travel, we will be arriving sometime Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon. We are taking Friday off from work so will head out fairly early in the morning. It's about a 5 hour drive for us.

Traci said:
Well, I have one request. I would like to see the the Imagine Mosaic and possibly Strawberry Field in Central Park. Yes...I'm a Beatles fan, but it's only a request. Thanks for listening.!
It's definitely worth it, and easy to find. It's lovely. Hope you make it! :)

Aubrey has already printed out a map for the B&H superstore :roll:
:lol: I think it's great!

Most reactions

Back