NYC Meetup 2007

We already did! :lol: Whaddaya think the 'brit' in NYbrit stands for? :p

Yeah, he even had that funny accent :wink: :lol:

I am enjoying seeing everybody’s pictures. You really got some nice shots. You three are serious and talented photographers. I haven’t looked at all of my pictures but thought I would post a couple.

A couple of quick comments on the photos:

Sky, I love the JC night shot, I hope you post the pano. I see that you posted some more pictures while I was writing this so I will have a look at them.

Joe, #2-5-14 for me. You handled the exposure at the Seaport very well. The tones and slight angle work well on the Times Square shot.

Corry! Thanks for capturing the personal side of things. That is an angle that works well for you.
What happened to the feet on #15? :er:

Here are a few of my shots

#1 Group Therapy
tpf5w.jpg

#2 We’re off to see the wizard. I see some people have the sense to walk on the sidewalk
tpf1w.jpg

#3 I am sure you are smiling in this one, Dave. Thanks for watching out for the correct train.
tpf3w.jpg

#4 South Street Seaport. Jim had some interesting information on the fleet.
tpf4w.jpg

#5 I had to post a picture of the most photographed bird in NYC. If cameras shot bullets instead of pictures this would have been one dead duck. I’m talking total Swiss cheese. :lol:
tpf5xw.jpg

Great shots, Chris! I really like #2! :)

And in #15...there were focus issues, and this one was the one that was the best. :p

Why is Sky always trying to bounce his flash while outdoors? :razz:

I went looking back through my pictures to see if there was any more worth editing, specifically of Joe, because there seems to be a lack of Joe shots from me this time around. :p

....I found ONE more...plus three more of Sky....so there is still a Joe famine. Oh well...I'll make up for it when I go back out there in two weeks. :p

NYCJoe3SM.jpg

NYCSky10SM.jpg

NYCSky9SM.jpg

NYCSky8SM.jpg

And a non person shot....
LinesandCurvesSM.jpg

Awesome photos guys. Favorites so far:

Grace from Joe's set.

Sky's portraits with the yellow wall.

Corry's seagull shots.

Gull by Joe.

Corry, #19 on yours looks like it could be on the front of the DVD case of a TV show. :p Just has that look I guess.

Great shots.

OOO I like, more great shots by everyone (too many to comment on individually)

Corry silver camera?!??! Eeeewwwwwww
Judges what do you think?
Randy - *deep breath* "ssss ahhhhhh dog, dog it just dont work for me"
Simon - "absolutely dreadful"
Paula - "you have very pretty iiiieeeeeeyes"

Im just kidding... :wink:

Why is Sky always trying to bounce his flash while outdoors? :razz:

Cause you're supposed to tilt the flash when you use the sto fen omni bounce. Sez so on their FAQ on the website. I don't know if it actually makes a difference, but I do it anyway.
;-)

Oh, btw... I just figured out what was happening on the brooklyn bridge the day we were at the South Street Seaport:
from http://thepoliticker.observer.com/2007/03/events-for-march-1012-2007.html
Events for March 10-12, 2007
[...]
10 a.m. Tibetans, students and supporters commemorate the 1959 Tibetan uprising against China by meeting at Cadman Plaza in Brooklyn, marching across the Brooklyn Bridge, and rallying at Dag Hammerskjold Plaza, at 47th Street and First Avenue, and then gathering at Union Square, 14th Street and Broadway.

Cause you're supposed to tilt the flash when you use the sto fen omni bounce. Sez so on their FAQ on the website. I don't know if it actually makes a difference, but I do it anyway.
;-)

I know...I'm just giving you a hard time. :razz:
Although I see many photographers do use the onmibounce outdoors like that, it's really only useful when it's actually bouncing off a ceiling etc. When used like that, it's forcing your flash to work much, much harder because only a portion of the light is going forward and coming back to the lens. On top of that, it doesn't really increase the size of the light source so it doesn't make the light any softer.

Or maybe I'm on crack because you seem to have made some great shots :confused: :lol:

Most reactions

Back