NZ Sacred Kingfisher

flying_gadget

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Howdy folks.

A few Scared Kingfisher from New Zealand.

1: Fly by with small crab.

$DSC0467.jpg

2: Dived and missed

$DSC02122-2.jpg

3: Coming in

$DSC02347.jpg

4: After the dive

$DSC0100351-01.jpg

5: The gulp

$DSC0065033.jpg

All the best.

Danny.

Last edited:
These are fantastic, NZ is one place I have to visit before I die.

Nice set of images, but that last one really does it for me. Just a suggestion, but it would help reviewers refer to any specific image, if you numbered them when you post them, particularly when there are more than two or three.

WesternGuy

Nice set of images, but that last one really does it for me. Just a suggestion, but it would help reviewers refer to any specific image, if you numbered them when you post them, particularly when there are more than two or three.

WesternGuy

Thank's and point taken ;) Will do for sure.

Aloicious: Come on down, I'll keep the Kingfisher warm for you :) Be a pleasure.

Danny.

Wow great photos. Are they not as shy or just lots of food and they don't care as much about humans. Or were they shots from a blind?

Wow great photos. Are they not as shy or just lots of food and they don't care as much about humans. Or were they shots from a blind?

Good questions and thanks for that Matt. When I first started with the KF no way could I get close to them. Took around 2 years to get this close with a 500 or 800mm. Now they just take me for granted. No blind, I've never used one Matt. They do feed on small crabs these ones and there is plenty of food for them. After spending a couple of years with them, I do have thousands of shots :) Everything is manual focus, I don't own any AF lenses.

All the best Matt and thanks again.

Danny.

Very cool set! Here kingfishers just fly away at the slightest hint of a human... great job!

Thanks for the info, and well done for long focal distance and manual focus for a bird like that, heck i can hardly get them in flight with autofocus.

Wow! Great shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back