O|||||||O is now Josh66

It does seem a little weird to get used to "that Jeep dude" just being Josh66, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. After all, I thought I'd never see manaheim as anything except....oh yeah, I'm not supposed to tell what his avatar used to be....but now I even CALL him Bunny.

Besides, honestly, I never even addressed you directly before, because it felt WAY too weird to say, "Hey, OlllllllO...." It was like trying to talk about Prince when he decided to use a symbol to represent himself--not that I ever had the desire to talk about Prince. On the other hand, I just did... :D

Being "the jeep guy" was just starting to get old, lol.

Especially considering that I sold my jeep years ago. Four wheeling can get to be a pretty expensive hobby. Hard to justify blowing that kind of money with all the crap the kids need, lol!

There was also the issue of my name breaking the forum sometimes. :lol:
Polls never worked if the pipes were in it.

Now you can get a YJ!

Does anyone know the reason why there are 7 holes in the grille?

I found this bit on Wikipedia: "The General Motors Hummer and Chrysler Jeep have been waging battle in U.S. courts over the right to use seven slots in their respective radiator grills. Chrysler Jeep claims it has the exclusive rights to use the seven vertical slits since it is the sole remaining assignee of the various companies since Willys gave their postwar jeeps seven slots instead of Ford's nine-slot design for the Jeep."

Apparently, during WW II, Ford Motor Company built "jeeps" for the US Military, using 9-slot grilles.

Does anyone know the reason why there are 7 holes in the grille?
Ford had already trademarked the 9 slot grill, so Willys went with 7 slots to be able to trademark it. AMC ended up with the rights - Chrysler must have them now. Hummers (GM product) also have 7 slots though, so I'm not sure... Maybe Chrysler licensed it to GM...

Strange that the number of slots in the grill even CAN be trademarked, lol.

Now you can get a YJ!
I've always had TJ's and XJ's.

The XJ (Cherokee) was actually very capable. Unibody is really the only thing not to like, but it was never really a big deal for me.

I hate that they discontinued it...

Last edited:
Now you can get a YJ!
I've always had TJ's and XJ's.

The XJ (Cherokee) was actually very capable. Unibody is really the only thing not to like, but it was never really a big deal for me.

I hate that they discontinued it...

TJ and XJ's are the only way to go. I don't get to run mine off-road like I'd like to because I have kids and can't afford to break but I still like to have fun in it.

I had planned to cut the top off my XJ and build a cage inside it before I sold it. Also cut the doors down to half-doors. I've seen it done, and it is freaking awesome.

The guy I sold it to did just that.

I really do miss my Jeeps, lol. That inline-6 that the XJ has is basically indestructible too. They just run forever...

Yea! :lol:

So I changed my user name - I've been thinking about it for a while. This new user name is what I use on any forums I've registered to in the last few years.

"Josh" is almost always taken, so I added "66" because I like the 6x6 format.

yet they didnt let me change my SchwettyLens name. Sigh.

I thought it was a binary number.
Hmm... 011111110 = 254

I used the letter "O" instead of the number "0" though, and pipes. "O" was moar rounder, more headlight shaped. :lol:

I could have used []|||||||[] for an XJ. :lmao:

So I changed my user name - I've been thinking about it for a while. This new user name is what I use on any forums I've registered to in the last few years.

That got a snort :)

I'll kinda miss the old name, too, but understand the need to shake things up every once in a while. I never had any idea that it was a Jeep. I thought it was also some sort of binary number. I saw your name in the signature, so I always thought "Josh" when I saw the symbols, but I thought "Josh, the symbol dude" not "Josh the Jeep guy." :)

Did you ask? :lol:

The option of changing my user name was mentioned to me a few times. First, when it was discovered that it broke the polls (years ago). Then again (by 4nines, I think) when the new owners came in. Most recently, I think I made a comment about changing it and Terri said that it could be done.

All of those instances were a while ago, but it was always in the back of my mind, lol. I finally decided that it was time, so I PM'd Terri last night.

Most reactions

Back