Observations at -27C/-16.6F

Part of it is the "getting use it to" , but more is the genetics of it all. I can work in wet conditions in cold weather and still have regular command of my fingers as if it is a warm summer day. Now I still do feel the cold but I dont lose the flexabilty of the fingers, like the "white man" :p.

Comes in handy for ice fishing. I will see if I can find some of the documents on it. Adapt or Die still holds true to some extint.

TwistMyArm said:
I wonder if it is genetics or just growing accustom to the weather.

I know that there's a prof out of Winnipeg who's been studying the effects of cold weather on people and he spends a lot of time up in the NWTs with Inuit. I was watching a video with him standing outside along side a local man and they were seeing how long each of them could stand the -40 temperatures on their bare hands. The prof ran inside after about two minutes, but the local man stood for about 10 to 15 before he headed inside. I'm not sure what the results of the study were...I just found it amusing :wink:

Did they test to see how long it took the frostbite to heal between the guy that was out in that weather for 2 minutes and the other that was out for 10 to 15 minutes? *Smirks*. I htink -40C freezes skin in a couple minutes or less.

But yup, there are some that are just immune to the cold, one guy on guiness can walk around in the frozen wasteland in shorts and be fine.

GerryDavid said:
Did they test to see how long it took the frostbite to heal between the guy that was out in that weather for 2 minutes and the other that was out for 10 to 15 minutes? *Smirks*. I htink -40C freezes skin in a couple minutes or less.

But yup, there are some that are just immune to the cold, one guy on guiness can walk around in the frozen wasteland in shorts and be fine.

It should be longer then a few minutes. But anything below -40F you cant feel the difference. I have had to work outside in that weather before, not fun at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back