What's new

Of myself.

MonicaBH

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 4, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
16
Location
More north of south, but more south of north.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did this the other night on a whim. I had a relatively uncooperative partner for the shoot, as you can see, and my camera metered for my dog (rendering me looking like the living dead).

Set up on a tripod with remote. ISO800, 1/125s, f/2.8, 75mm.

CC as you see fit.

8034297966_fee7575d36_c.jpg
 
Looking at the posts in the background, I would say that a couple of degrees tilt CW might be in order. Trees can bend, but the posts are most likely set vertical.

To create a complimentary angle with the dog's front legs, I think had you placed your left hand somewhere between the dog's right shoulder and ear.

Shooting black dogs can be problematic. You had some splendid light for this shot.

You have done something that very few people understand about posing. You sat on your hip rather than sitting on your bottom. This automatically causes some extra drama with the pose by naturally having an imbalance with the height of the shoulders, creating an angle. Well done.

The dog looks great, but I think if he/she was further back from you or even better the camera angle was further right, you wouldn't have the totem pole effect.

Thanks for sharing.
 
I can tell the camera metered for the dog, he/she looks absolutely stunning to me! IMO not a bad photo for only metering for the dog.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom