What's new

off brand flash

Cant comment on the one you have on the link, but I bought a Yongnuo YN465 for small money on ebay and its great for my use. I am fairly new to the DSLR world so my opinion might be lacking in a little experience. I did however loan the flash to a pro friend of mine who thought it was great but not quite as good as Canons own. Not quite as expensive either
 
I'd guess that it will probably work just fine with your camera...but the build quality won't be great.
 
That looks exactly like the Bower flash I had: Bower SDF728 review
Not a bad flash at all. All auto, though. No manual mode.
bower-sfd728-flash-front.jpg
bower-sfd728-flash-back.jpg
 
check out the yongnuo's on ebay. Many photographers use them, including myself.
 
That looks exactly like the Bower flash I had: Bower SDF728 review
Not a bad flash at all. All auto, though. No manual mode.
bower-sfd728-flash-front.jpg
bower-sfd728-flash-back.jpg


Mine is exactly the same as this, except it says "Marumi" on the front, same sticker on the back, everything. I have to clip the body back together now and again with a bang of the fist, but it works all the same.

To the OP, go for the off-brand one, they work perfectly well, but don't expect it to last long.
 
Last edited:
I got the yongnuo 468 which has E-TTL and the 460 which is cheaper but is manual only and they seem to be great performers. I also got the RF-602 flash triggers for using the flashes off camera which is fairly cheap YONGNUO RF-602 Wireless Remote Flash Trigger for Canon | eBay I got mine with 2 receivers...
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hhmm, so yongnuo is a good brand that you guys recommend? quality is good and dependable?
 
hhmm, so yongnuo is a good brand that you guys recommend? quality is good and dependable?
the price is good, but the quality seems to be questionable.... many people like them though...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom