OFF CAMERA LENS! YES LENS!

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First video I thought was fake but then I saw some more on youtube. Should be very interesting!

[video=vimeo;22134219]http://vimeo.com/22134219[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
That second video is VERY fake...lots of editing errors.

Very cool technology though. Someday it will come to the market.

"Sorry..... no photos, please".............................at a photo convention?

hehe you can see right through the lens in the first vid when she takes it off and puts it on the table. Right through - - now if there were a real sensor on the end that would block the line of sight :p

Besides you can do this anyway - wireless remote setups

Definitely fake, it was a company that wanted to pull of a huge fake viral campaign.

Does that mean each lens has a sensor in it? Lenses are expensive as it is...Adding a sensor to each one will cost even more...

Not just any sensor a 31MP fullframe sensor! So that really is expensive!

Looks cool but I don't buy it until my eyes make contact with the product

Assuming they one day build this. (The technology is pretty much there now.) If you are putting a sensor in the lense and then sending the info to the camera body, isn't that lense essentially just a camera? I wouldn't call it a lense if it has a built in sensor. It's like saying a built a flying car, but it has wings, jet engine etc.. is it really still a car or a plane?

Okay so it's a concept caemra. Pretty nifty, but they may have set their sights a bit high - 31MP full frame cmos sensor capable of 10fps, built into a 28-100mm f/2.0 zoom lens (is that even possible?)

Eh ist just making the DSLR into a round bolton on the back of the lens (ie removing all the handholding erganomics). The only part that is more inventive is using a wireless remote control with video output for the main controller. However any DSLR maker could/does/can counter this with just a fast wireless (radio) video out setup on their DSLRs.

Most reactions

Back