Off Camera Lighting - Please help me understand it...

robb01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I read all these threads about alienbees, strobes, softboxes, off camera flashes and am really clueless. I recently bought an sb-600 and have had good results by bouncing the flash off the ceiling.

My question is, could someone explain to me off camera flash, and basically flash in general, any good youtube vids? I basically am looking for a basic overview of all the flash talk I hear about. I know there must be a lot of newbies just as confused as I am :blushing:

I agree. I have been trying to fins a good tutorial as well and I can't seem to find one. What are the different modes (TTL, TTL-BL, Manual, etc...) and how do you control the exposure? What does the zoom on a flash do?

Thanks.

I agree. I have been trying to fins a good tutorial as well and I can't seem to find one. What are the different modes (TTL, TTL-BL, Manual, etc...) and how do you control the exposure? What does the zoom on a flash do?

Thanks.

I have those questions too :D

Strobist: Lighting 101

The original question is well beyond a forum post. It's almost like, "I have questions about how the universe was formed; can somebody explain to me how the universe was formed?"

The original question is well beyond a forum post. It's almost like, "I have questions about how the universe was formed; can somebody explain to me how the universe was formed?"

And I do understand this, I guess I was just looking for maybe a link to some great tutorials, or youtube videos to help me start to understand it all. Thanks for the Strobist link, I will be reading that today.

there is nothing to do: authority matters. The very same link posted by me was not so useful :lol:.

And I do understand this, I guess I was just looking for maybe a link to some great tutorials, or youtube videos to help me start to understand it all. Thanks for the Strobist link, I will be reading that today.
Experience helps a great deal.

Just Do It.

there is nothing to do: authority matters. The very same link posted by me was not so useful :lol:.

But hey, you got a Thank You for it!!!

ops! I did not notice at all, thanks! (I have to thank you for this?) :)

Most reactions

Back