Off-road Jamboree

floatingby

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographie.floatingby.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying Dxo photolab 3 to develop raw files, with the hope of replacing Lightroom, I like it so far, what do you think? Shot with a Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 @f2.8, various speed and ISO settings, on a Nikon D850.

D85_3645_DxO.jpg

D85_3498_DxO.jpg
D85_3473_DxO.jpg
D85_3979_DxO.jpg

Great set.

When it comes to basic editing ie. colour, exposure etc. Darn near any software is more than capable. I have LR and PS and 99% of the time I only do minor colour and exposure adjustments. I only keep LR and PS because of that 1% where I do want to do more advanced editing.
If I solely shot wildlife or something else that only required basic adjustments, I'd be using free software.

Great set. Nice capture on #1 with that tire coming off.

Looks good here, maybe a bit darker than most here like, but very sharp and has good contrast. Seems like you have a good tool there.

Looks good here, maybe a bit darker than most here like, but very sharp and has good contrast. Seems like you have a good tool there.
Yeah, when I process images at night they usually turn out a bit dark, while those I process in mid afternoon turn out too bright for some reasons.

Great capture on No 1!!!

Love the looks...

When it comes to basic editing ie. colour, exposure etc. Darn near any software is more than capable. I have LR and PS and 99% of the time I only do minor colour and exposure adjustments. I only keep LR and PS because of that 1% where I do want to do more advanced editing.
If I solely shot wildlife or something else that only required basic adjustments, I'd be using free software.
In my experience, it depend how much you value your time. For me, I'm after the software that will give me the result I desire in the least amount of time, if that software turn out to be free, then all the better, if not then I'll pay for it.
Saying that thought, I haven't gotten much luck so far; all the software I tried had some form of deficiency that I considered showstopper. DXo Photolab for instance doesn't do watermark. Seems trivial, except I would have to find, learn to use, possibly purchase another piece of software to do that, and on each and every of my images I would have to reopen in that software. No, just no.

Great shots.

They seem a bit dark, over saturated, and could use shadow recovery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back