Off to Canada

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
Well tommorrow morning I leave for Ottawa, only my second trip to Canada and the first in daylight. I'm bringing three still and two video cameras and a crapload of Vanilla Coke. I just wanted to thank you all. In the last couple of weeks you have inspired me to look at photography in a whole new light and I will be looking for photo oppurtunities all over rather than just aircraft which is the reason for the trip.

BTW, I will be there for Canada Day. I ask all you Canadians, what is the proper expresion of the holiday (ie Merry Christmas, Happy Easter, Hallalujea its beer day again, etc....)

Hope you have a fun and successful trip and expect to see some pics when you return!

You will need all the winter clothing you can find, cuz its freezing here. *Smirks*. Na, jk, its like 25-30C here during the day I think, but not every day,its been cooler lately cuz of rain, and its suppose to rain on Thursday, I hope it doesnt, I want pictures of fireworks.

GerryDavid said:
You will need all the winter clothing you can find, cuz its freezing here. *Smirks*. Na, jk, its like 25-30C here during the day I think, but not every day,its been cooler lately cuz of rain, and its suppose to rain on Thursday, I hope it doesnt, I want pictures of fireworks.

It better not rain, I'm supposed to go flying Thursday! And I want to see fireworks twice this year (once in Canada and again for the 4th back in the states) I'm greedy :)

mmm vanilla coke :drool:

is there any reason in you bringing lots of vanilla coke here? you planning on stockin up on any other munchies while you are hear? word is you folks are missing out on a few things..

pilgrim said:
mmm vanilla coke :drool:

is there any reason in you bringing lots of vanilla coke here? you planning on stockin up on any other munchies while you are hear? word is you folks are missing out on a few things..

Heh, well I'm back! Only have a dozen rolls of film to develop, not bad for three days. It was a blast. The Vanilla coke was for the trip up. Can't have too much Vanilla Coke.

Canada was wonderful. One thing that struck me was how beautiful the women are. I wasn't expecting a noticable difference but I was pleasantly surprised. I think I need to move. I got to meet several members of the discussion forum on my site and that was cool. Saw the fireworks at Parliment in Ottawa and saw Lillix perform live. Very nice.

One thing that for some reason fascinated me was the ability to buy milk in bags. I'm still cracking up over that. :)

Scott WRG Editor said:
One thing that for some reason fascinated me was the ability to buy milk in bags. I'm still cracking up over that. :)

You don't have milk bags down there? :shock:

LOL... Milk bags is an eastern canada thing... there aren't milk bags out in BC, either...

As for the females... you think Ottawa was good? Try Vancouver. ;) The only place I've found in North America better than Vancouver is San Diego, and Boulder, Colorado... and I've travelled North America extensively. :D

TwistMyArm said:
Scott WRG Editor said:

You don't have milk bags down there? :shock:

TWIST: Nope, only rigid plastic bottles and cardboard cartons. The newest thing is boxes but no bags as of yet. I also got to witness some cereal called Shreddies. At the rate this stuff sucked up milk I hope a ship of it doesn't sink in the ocean or that will dry up quick.

TBM: I will have to make a mental note to visit Vancouver then :)

Most reactions

Back