Offer Discounts to Brides who Book same day of Bridal Show?

CatherineRuth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I am new to the bridal expo scene and I am doing my first one in a little over a month. I have a firm grasp on all that I should bring (business cards, packets of information, about me, portfolio, nice décor, etc!) What I do have a question about is if any of you offer any discount for a bride and groom who book with you the day of the show? If so is there an appropriate amount that you discount or do you just offer a lesser deposit? Also do you do any type of special giveaways?! I would love feedback of what works best for you all!

Thanks in advance!

Catherine

Why?

You need a good reason to offer discounts. I'm not saying there isn't a good reason, but you don't mention one. Don't just write checks for fun.
An example of a good reason might be "because I have more competition in that environment, and 80% revenue is still going to make me more money than 0% revenue from them going to another booth"

If so, then by stating that reason plainyl, it will help you answer your questions about just how much to discount etc. In this case, it would totally depend on the rates being offered in your immediate vicinity at the expo -- discount just enough to draw the customersaway from the other guys, and no more.

Absolutely; it's called a 'hook'; people love the idea of saving money, or getting something for cheap or free. In fact I would go so far as to say that it's expected. Almost all products at trade shows, whether motorcycles or wedding photography appear to be discounted at these sorts of events. Note, I say, "appear". I build my pricing strategy with a 10% discount factored in, that is, I assume that I'm going to give the client that discount, and if I don't, that's a bonus for me, but I almost always do. Remember too, your discount doesn't have to be monetary, "All sessions booked during the bridal show will receive a complimentary engagement/first year anniversary session, and $XXX value (ALWAYS tell them how much they're saving)", which seems like a great deal, but in reality, it's just another chance for you to sell prints.

I personally would be concerned about buyers remorse and potential cancellations. I would much rather have a bride who is well educated, has looked at the competition, and knows for certain she wants me and my style rather than the bride who is focused on price and makes a snap decision on the spot because a temporary discount has been offered.

Are you going to get a higher number of cancellations from brides who book and after further research find a photographer that is a better fit for them? Sudden discounts may be good for tangible items or something you know you want for sure, but at that point you're competing on price and might attract brides focused on price, rather on than what you can offer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back