Offered to video a documentary and ended up with legal mess, need advise

I can see not giving them anything...or another option is to just create what you want from the work you did and tell them this is what they get... PERIOD. If they don't like it then they choose not to take it and can "pay" someone to come in to do what they want.

I would just be done with it .... don't discuss it with them any further...You have no contract with them but be careful they don't accuse you of some kind of trespassing ...sounds to me like the Church of Scientology ...I did battle with them years ago in LA

Mully said:
I would just be done with it .... don't discuss it with them any further...You have no contract with them but be careful they don't accuse you of some kind of trespassing ...sounds to me like the Church of Scientology ...I did battle with them years ago in LA

I think your close on that sect like assumption,

They did accuse me of wrong doing already, they accepted my proposition for a doc because I gave them photos of a prior event, they asked me to post them on picasa and YouTube unlisted, so I did and then they put the links of these videos and photos on their website, now I removed all that too, and the links on their website to those photos and videos are dead, I should of mentioned this before,

What really happened is while I started shooting the doc I put a short clip from the doc to test the format on that YouTube channel, unlisted video, private site, no one can see this unless I give the link, and the institution knows and has been using videos from this channel, the whole reason I posted this thread was because of what the PR person from the instatution said when he seen it, he claimed it posed a security threat to someone in the video, himself, while he is the same person saying anyone who came that evening knew they where filmed because they publicly announced too, and while there are dozens of photos and videos all over the net with him from before I went to this place, he himself decides all the sudden that it's not right and if it continuos he will put a stop to this project, as if it was his., this is what sparked me to believe he was a hypocrite pretending he was making a film, sort of like if he told me I make the film, and if he likes it he will put my name on it., but I never spoke to him about anything when I proposed thus doc, I spoke to their vice president who told me this PR person will be in contact JUST TO MAKE SURE THE FINALS DO NOT miss represent THEIR INSTITUTION,

To be blunt straight about it, I am dealing with a hypocrite millionaire now who maybe dangerous too and has the police in his pocket, I bet he is using this whole instatution for money laundering but who knows i said to myself at first, maybe he is a cool guy I thought, and someone miss informed him, but the more I deal with him now the more iam comvinced he is a snake, he only calls to apologize after YouTube contacted him to confirm the video was 100 percent secure, then he tried calling my house when I was not home he told my nephew who is only 15 all these crazy legal type things as if he was recording in to have as if it was me he spoke to and I agreed to something, when I called him back he tells me he explained to my 15 year old nephew that he has lawyers and they can help us get release documentation and so on I was like you knew he was 15 are you kidding, so I told him again to please write all this in a email so I get to it later I am so busy shooting other fiends and little projects now this is annoying.

Last edited:
Offer them a refund of the money they've paid you so far... see what their reaction is.

Most reactions

Back